Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked with Inkblot our resident bracketologist, The GSC matchups is all about saving money, we're all to far from other schools to swap or avoid rematches
    Last edited by boyblue; 11-13-2023, 07:54 AM.

Comment

So they bring in Shepherd to make the eastern side of SR2 stronger so the winner between LR,Shepherd and Benedict will hopefully stack up against the winner of Delta,WFLA, Valdosta and Limestone. My prediction is Valdosta playing LR for regional championship. Theirs going to be some great games in our region regardless of who wins though. Its up for grabs and every team is capable in my opinion. The biggest question mark team for me is Benedict.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        So they bring in Shepherd to make the eastern side of SR2 stronger so the winner between LR,Shepherd and Benedict will hopefully stack up against the winner of Delta,WFLA, Valdosta and Limestone. My prediction is Valdosta playing LR for regional championship. Theirs going to be some great games in our region regardless of who wins though. Its up for grabs and every team is capable in my opinion. The biggest question mark team for me is Benedict.
        I love our setup, the winner of this region will be well prepared. I've always thought of the GSC as the SEC of D2 and the SAC as the ACC, generally you'd expect the SEC champ to win but often that is not the case. LR will have an opportunity this year to be the exception that proves the rule, good luck.

And if you beat us you'd better win it all :)

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
          Regional Rankings are out. (through Oct.23)

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings
          When will the schedule of games be announced.???
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

When will the schedule of games be announced.???
            Official bracket: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/d2/2023

#BlazerNation

Comment

Not shocked / But all these great interesting games all about the same time…..smh

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
                Not shocked / But all these great interesting games all about the same time…..smh
                I was thinking that same thing! I'm still going to pay, but it would be nice to be able to watch other games.
                Last edited by CalifOKRA; 11-13-2023, 01:22 PM.
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

I was thinking that same thing! I'm still going to pay, but it would be nice to be able to watch other games.
                  I hope they can be accessed / will have on demand available

Comment

$10 for single game or $20 for all games through the third round.
                    https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...-playoff-games
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

If the Argos and Limestone both win in the first round do the Argos host the Saints for the second round?

Comment

I was hoping Flo might carry early rounds and not have to pay to view, but even when Flo carries a game, there is no guarantee we would be able to watch/hear it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                          I don’t understand the switch between Shepherd and Virginia Union. What was the reasoning? I’m assuming it was something to do with travel.

Also, they should have sent UWF to LR to avoid first round rematches. But again, I’m sure this had to do with travel.
                          Think a little of it had to do with the PSAC having 4 teams make the playoffs for SR1. Between rematches and a redundant quarterfinals of one conference, the swap of VUU and Shepherd I guess was a carrot to throw out to get some new matches out there.

LR will be a tall task for Shepherd for sure, but it sure is nice to play in some weather in the 60's come this time of year!

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                            If the Argos and Limestone both win in the first round do the Argos host the Saints for the second round?
                            GIANT IF
                            IMHO it is very possible neither will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                              Don’t be surprised if Limestone makes some noise against the GSC. In my opinion (and most Bears fans) Limestone was the best team we played all season. Their offense can put up points with the best of them. Not predicting a Valdosta loss, but wouldn’t be surprised if it happens.

Comment

We beat Limestone 27-13 and West Florida 10-6. I did some research and I think we were the only team to beat two playoff teams in our region. I am sure we are the only non-playoff team to beat two playoff teams. I don't think Limestone will make some noise.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X