Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta State vs. Mississippi College (11 Nov 23)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta State vs. Mississippi College (11 Nov 23)

PREVIEW: Senior Day and Homecoming This Saturday Against Mississippi College
    https://gostatesmen.com/news/2023/11...KcLsKARiSCIZu8
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

This game is what we wait for. DSU team is ready. The campus has been busy all week getting ready for homecoming.
    Saturday at 2:00 you will the see the Fighting Okra ready to play.

Comment

Making my first trip to Cleveland! See y’all there!

Comment

We're back to playing MC last of the season. Wining this game will give give a Conference championship

Comment

Originally posted by Fuller_MC View Post
          Making my first trip to Cleveland! See y’all there!
          I’ve only been there twice in my life. The first time was as a new member of the UNA marching band in 1992. We rode there on a bus from Florence and warmed up before marching into the stands for the game. Then, everyone’s nightmare. My stomach was going crazy after lunch. I was pale-faced and faint. The assistant director took me to the field house where things went south for about 30 mins. I returned to the stands before halftime and the marched the show with the trumpet held up but not playing it. My rallying “for the team” impressed the director and he put me on scholarship the next semester even though I was a vocal major.

The next time I visited Cleveland was for a playoff game with another UNA member of this board. I think it was about 2008. We had a great time with a group of Lions fans banging on those metal bleachers. I even ventured into Statesmen territory to watch our band. To my surprise, several people spoke to me to compliment the Pride of Dixie - as it was known back then.

Safe travels to Choctaw fans and I hope both sides have a lot to cheer for! In-state rivalry games are the best.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Should be a great game! Delta State needs to focus / take care of busy!! And at least earn a share of the GSC Title!! With help from UWG we win the GSC outright!! Go Statesmen!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I’ve only been there twice in my life. The first time was as a new member of the UNA marching band in 1992. We rode there on a bus from Florence and warmed up before marching into the stands for the game. Then, everyone’s nightmare. My stomach was going crazy after lunch. I was pale-faced and faint. The assistant director took me to the field house where things went south for about 30 mins. I returned to the stands before halftime and the marched the show with the trumpet held up but not playing it. My rallying “for the team” impressed the director and he put me on scholarship the next semester even though I was a vocal major.

The next time I visited Cleveland was for a playoff game with another UNA member of this board. I think it was about 2008. We had a great time with a group of Lions fans banging on those metal bleachers. I even ventured into Statesmen territory to watch our band. To my surprise, several people spoke to me to compliment the Pride of Dixie - as it was known back then.

Safe travels to Choctaw fans and I hope both sides have a lot to cheer for! In-state rivalry games are the best.
              I remember that game. I was in the DSU band. The band tradition at UNA has always been great!

Comment

Originally posted by delta dawn View Post
                This game is what we wait for. DSU team is ready. The campus has been busy all week getting ready for homecoming.
                Saturday at 2:00 you will the see the Fighting Okra ready to play.
                Have fun!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post

I remember that game. I was in the DSU band. The band tradition at UNA has always been great!
                  Didn't watch it all but, I had it playing as I worked and was pleasantly surprised to hear a name of someone I know. I know a lot of players from the early teams but this was the first time hearing one of their names broadcasted.

Comment

The audio is absolutely atrocious.

Edit: The video is terrible too.

Comment

Welp, I'm out. This feed is unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                        Ridiculous. I sent a DM to the Twitter feed, but I doubt anyone is watching those right now.

Comment

They did respond and they’re trying to fix it.

Comment

Audio fixed. Thanks production team. 3-0 DSU

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                              Pretty hard watching The Okra right now, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X