Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on MC head coach search?

I am curious to see what direction the university goes in considering the shaky ground the conference as a whole finds itself in, and I would assume coaching against powerhouses like Valdosta State, West Florida, and Delta State is already difficult as all get out

Looking at Football Scoop and various tweets on X, there seems to be a good number of available coaches out there.
    This portal is changing the landscape of players and coaches leaving a school.
    Two coaches before Coach J was hired. left after 3 years taking some players with them. They didn’t stay long enough to really build a program and a community relationship.
    Hope you find a good one.
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-11-2023, 07:45 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

MC has a very good school academically and the Mississippi Jucos to pull from, one would think an “up and comer” would find it an attractive rung to start climbing the ladder.

Comment

That was my experience with playing at a Mississippi juco, myself. The choctaws offered me but ultimately decided to commit to an FCS program due to the full-ride scholarship that the other school provided, but that would be interessting to see a fresh face at the helm to try and steer them in the right direction!

Comment

I think you got a great candidate just right around the corner from Clinton in Belhaven’s Blaine McCorkle. He has truly turned that program around in the last 4 years and went 9-2 into the playoffs. If I was MC I’d definitely be giving him a look. The only thing is would MC be looking for strictly a triple option coach because I don’t think McCorkle is triple option. East MS juco HC also might should get a look see, although I heard a while back East MS juco some how pays that man SEC type money. How they do it I don’t know but that’s the rumor. I heard UWA talked to him at one time and he just laughed and headed back to scooba when they told him his salary. Again, a rumor I heard.

Comment

Buddy is an interesting character, Scooba is honestly a gas station/subway station and the campus of EMCC so they are going to do everything in their power to keep him tenured as long as possible. That does sound impressive on McCorkles part, I do think a younger coach could instill some juice into the program that could spark everyone to do better!

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
              I think you got a great candidate just right around the corner from Clinton in Belhaven’s Blaine McCorkle. He has truly turned that program around in the last 4 years and went 9-2 into the playoffs. If I was MC I’d definitely be giving him a look. The only thing is would MC be looking for strictly a triple option coach because I don’t think McCorkle is triple option. East MS juco HC also might should get a look see, although I heard a while back East MS juco some how pays that man SEC type money. How they do it I don’t know but that’s the rumor. I heard UWA talked to him at one time and he just laughed and headed back to scooba when they told him his salary. Again, a rumor I heard.
              I just was told that McCorkle two weeks ago accepted the FCS HC job at Northwestern State (LA). That was two steps upwards he made. Congrats to him. If MC is looking for a triple option guy, they should look at an assistant at Harding univ. whose about to play for a Natty.

Comment

I might know of just the right guy..

How important is being successful?

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                  I might know of just the right guy..

How important is being successful?
                  If I get your beam, Scotty, success shouldn't matter. The power of The Botherhood is all that matters.

Comment

Any kin to Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Any kin to Sam?
                      I can’t ever tell when you’re kidding Mr. Larold but in case your not, yes, Blaine is his son.

Comment

I can’t ever tell when you’re kidding Mr. Larold but in case your not, yes, Blaine is his son.
                        Thanks
                        wasn't kidding. Glad Sam's sons picked (and improved) college coaching careers.

Comment

Former Delta State assistant coach, Mike Kershaw, has been hired.
                          https://www.gochoctaws.com/news/2023...l-program.aspx

Edit to add: Surely, the MC offense is going to look different.
                          Last edited by CalifOKRA; 12-19-2023, 12:56 PM.
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                            Former Delta State assistant coach, Mike Kershaw, has been hired.
                            https://www.gochoctaws.com/news/2023...l-program.aspx

Edit to add: Surely, the MC offense is going to look different.
                            Just saw it on Football Scoop. Good hire!

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...ge-delta-state
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Just saw MC got a USM transfer, looks like a good addition for the choctaws!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X