Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year - 2024 Outlook

Happy New Year, GSC!!!!!

2024 Outlook discussion......questions to get started.....

What are you looking forward to with your team in the new year?
    Recruiting wishes?
    New coach? Expectations?
    Returning coaches expectations?
    Returning players?
    New players?
    Schedule - Spring practice, Fall games

If you would like to keep up with players coming in, follow ALL your coaches on Twitter. You can kind of get a look at who the coaches are looking at and most in-coming players will post when they commit to a team.

#BlazerNation

Marcus Stokes at QB!!

Comment

To many, the GSC is the best football conference in Division 2. What do you think the conference will look like in 2024 and then 2025? Lots of changes are in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        To many, the GSC is the best football conference in Division 2. What do you think the conference will look like in 2024 and then 2025? Lots of changes are in the wind.
        I would temper your excitement just a bit. YOu may have some good temas but overall I would think most people throughout the D2 Forum would say that the MIAA is the best overall, top to bottom, football conference many years and definitely this past year. Since this is a message within the GSC forum you may have more support for the GSC but it you made this same request/comment in the General Discussion you would find the MIAA getting much more votes for best oveall football conference.

Happy New Year!

Go Bisons!

Comment

I saw Happy New Year in the thread title and I couldn't help myself. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
            Marcus Stokes at QB!!
            Do you think he will stay? I hope!
            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              I saw Happy New Year in the thread title and I couldn't help myself. :D

Pretty!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

So far I am impressed with the commitments and signees we have accepted. Nice to fill holes and maybe go 3 deep.
                Not sure how many of our current players though have gone portal.

“gone portal”. Is that a new phrase?? 😬

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

I would temper your excitement just a bit. YOu may have some good temas but overall I would think most people throughout the D2 Forum would say that the MIAA is the best overall, top to bottom, football conference many years and definitely this past year. Since this is a message within the GSC forum you may have more support for the GSC but it you made this same request/comment in the General Discussion you would find the MIAA getting much more votes for best oveall football conference.

Happy New Year!

Go Bisons!
                  You should note that he is not a fan of a GSC team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

You should note that he is not a fan of a GSC team.
                    Very good of you to notice the obvious from my listed name. As a Harding fan and member of the GAC, I wrote that it was the MIAA that would be most likely to have the vote throughout the D2 world as the best overall conference. Eagle 72 stated "To many, the GSC is the best football conference in Division 2" so I wondered how far reaching was his thinking. Was it limited teams in the south and east? I stated that when taking in the entirety of the D2 landscape that more people would focus on the MIAA over the GSC as the best football conference in D2. As any rational observer of the D2 football world would observe, the GSC has fielded some strong teams top to bottom but based on year in and year out overall results, I feel that folks from across the country would point to the MIAA as being the strongest year in and year out. That was, is, my opinion, so just like a bellybutton, everyone has one. That was mine!

Even though our conference is a silo conference I keep any eye on the conferences that are sitting next to the GAC. This would be the GSC, MIAA and the Lone Star. I do so to familiarize my understanding of the teams that we could play one day if we were to drop the silo conference. With the shrinking of the landscape that is the GSC, you might have some teams (looking at you Mississippi teams) to slide over and become part of the GAC. West Alabama and West Florida would be within 500 miles of the current Arkansas members of the GAC.

Comment

Very good of you to notice the obvious from my listed name. As a Harding fan and member of the GAC, I wrote that it was the MIAA that would be most likely to have the vote throughout the D2 world as the best overall conference. Eagle 72 stated "To many, the GSC is the best football conference in Division 2" so I wondered how far reaching was his thinking. Was it limited teams in the south and east? I stated that when taking in the entirety of the D2 landscape that more people would focus on the MIAA over the GSC as the best football conference in D2. As any rational observer of the D2 football world would observe, the GSC has fielded some strong teams top to bottom but based on year in and year out overall results, I feel that folks from across the country would point to the MIAA as being the strongest year in and year out. That was, is, my opinion, so just like a bellybutton, everyone has one. That was mine!

Even though our conference is a silo conference I keep any eye on the conferences that are sitting next to the GAC. This would be the GSC, MIAA and the Lone Star. I do so to familiarize my understanding of the teams that we could play one day if we were to drop the silo conference. With the shrinking of the landscape that is the GSC, you might have some teams (looking at you Mississippi teams) to slide over and become part of the GAC. West Alabama and West Florida would be within 500 miles of the current Arkansas members of the GAC.
                      I think he was referencing the OP. Eagle 84.

Comment

I wasn't referring to you. I was referencing the person to which you were responding.

Comment

I guess being impressed with the fact that the GSC has had 5 teams in the last 7 Division 2 National Football Championship games was a bit to much for him to bare.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Do you think he will stay? I hope!
                            Stokes created a Twitter account December 2023 that has no posts when I looked at it last week. Crossing fingers that he stays for 2024.

Comment

Speaking of QB's. So looking forward to what Sammy Edwards will do this year. Amazing stats in '23, Expect him to really fine tune his skills!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X