Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdosta State Blazers 2024

Happy New Year, BlazerNation

We started our new year with one of the most fun and successful Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony ever. It was a sold out crowd!
    Inducted was Shelby Altman(softball), Leo Blay(Tennis), Michael Doscher(coach), Skip Fite(Baseball), Mike Leach(Coach), Kenny Moore II(football), Cedric O'Neal(football),
    Herb Reinhard(Athletic Director), Holly Satterfield(softball), Dr. Cheri & Hamilton Tillman(Contributors)
    If you have never attended a VSU HOF ceremony, make your plans for next year!!! So many fun stories!

Football SPRING GAME..........April 18th, 7pm.

#BlazerNation

Announcing today:
    2007 VSU DB Coach, James Colzie, is the new head coach for FAMU.

Former VSU player and coach, Jeremy King, is the new OL coach at Western Carolina!

Congrats to these former Blazers!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

The coaching staff is adding a few new coaches and some are being promoted. A couple of new coaches have experience coaching at West Ga. Life takes a strange turn sometimes…..lol

The closing of Notre Dame College just as the football team had finished recruitment has sent players and coaches there to the portal. That is really sad. I think we have looked at a few of the players.
      Last edited by BlazerLady; 03-07-2024, 03:35 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
        The coaching staff is adding a few new coaches and some are being promoted. A couple of new coaches have experience coaching at West Ga. Life takes a strange turn sometimes…..lol

The closing of Notre Dame College just as the football team had finished recruitment has sent players and coaches there to the portal. That is really sad. I think we have looked at a few of the players.
        Sad for the students, sad for the athletes, and sad for the coaches and staff.

Comment

Spring practice is underway. Spring Game is scheduled for April 18!! Go, Blazers!!

Pictures on Valdosta State Football "X" account.

#BlazerNation

Comment

From D1.ticker:

CollegeAD reports the Valdosta State (DII) AD search is down to four candidates: Saint Francis (PA) AD James Downer, Florida Senior Assoc. AD for Administration Mike Spiegler, New Mexico Senior Assoc. AD for Revenue Generation Will Price & Northwest Missouri State (DII) Deputy AD for External Operations Troy Katen. No decision-making timeline mentioned.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
              From D1.ticker:

CollegeAD reports the Valdosta State (DII) AD search is down to four candidates: Saint Francis (PA) AD James Downer, Florida Senior Assoc. AD for Administration Mike Spiegler, New Mexico Senior Assoc. AD for Revenue Generation Will Price & Northwest Missouri State (DII) Deputy AD for External Operations Troy Katen. No decision-making timeline mentioned.
              Yep. They all have a presentation with Q&A over the next few weeks. Spiegler was today.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Grubbs isnt interviewing? I thought she would be a shoe in.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
                  Grubbs isnt interviewing? I thought she would be a shoe in.
                  I know. I would have supported that, but maybe she wasn't interested.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Is Uffmann interviewing for the VSU women’s basketball head coach?

Comment

Haven’t heard. Not sure if she is staying or went with Coach.

#BlazerNation

Comment

The process seems to be taking a long time. It's really a sad situation because of HR year victory tour the athletic dept. has suffered. HR has hired a compliance officer and administrative asst. and still needs to hire a strength/conditioning coach and women's basketball coach. It is not fair to the next AD to not be involved in these hires. Truthfully the new AD should have started not later than March 1 so he/she could have been involved in these crucial hires. The next AD should have the right to build his/her own staff. I believe this along with the dismal financial situation has really put the Blazers behind the 8-ball. I am afraid what we are seeing is just the beginning of a decline in VSU competitiveness and potential AD candidates are seeing it also.

Comment

Sounds like you have the inside scoop the situation. I wouldn’t think the Athletic dept would have financial issue with how well we did this year.

Comment

Do you know if they are close to hiring a womens basketball coach?

Comment

Uffmann left with Coach D

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X