Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Streak

As most are aware, my Saints begin this season on a 12 game losing streak dating back to late in the 2017 season. I know many of you on here are well versed with regards to the history of SAC football. My question to all of you is, what are some of the longest losing streaks by a SAC team any of you can remember? I'm just curious as to where Limestone's current streak stands historically. Thanks.

You don't have to go back very far to find a longer one. In terms of overall W-L Brevard lost 14 in a row from 2015 to 2016. They went 0-11 in 2015, lost the first three of 2016, before finally winning in week four.

In terms of Division II competition, Brevard lost 28 in a row from 2014-2016. Their only wins during that time were against College of Faith in 2014 and Apprentice School in 2016. They left the SAC and moved to Division III beginning in 2017.
    Last edited by Chuck Bitner; 08-27-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Other than memory, you would have to visit each school site and get information from their stat archives. The record as of 2010 for the longest losing streak in DII is Minnesota-Morris at 46 games, so the Saints have a long way to go for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
        Other than memory, you would have to visit each school site and get information from their stat archives. The record as of 2010 for the longest losing streak in DII is Minnesota-Morris at 46 games, so the Saints have a long way to go for that one.
        Lock Haven holds the D2 record of 52 straight losses from 2007-2012. I was covering the PSAC during that time. It was tough to see. They had classes of players that graduated without ever winning a game. Limestone isn't going to get to that point. They have some good football players.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I agree with you Chuck, Limestone has some good players plus they have experience..I feel that they're at least a couple of wins on this year's schedule.

Comment

Comment

The problems at Limestone really began the 2nd half of the 2017 season where the Saints lost 4 of the last 5 games. So we have lost 14 of the past 15 games. Lots of problems for Limestone and most are administrative issues with the athletic director and asst. AD/Strength Coach..... I don't think they will go 0'fer again but 1-2 wins might happen....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X