Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non State supported Division two championship.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
    How many teams are there in Division two that are not State supported. Should we have a separate national championship for these universities?
    (LOL) For PC sake, maybe the NCAA should be lobbied to give all the D2 schools with less than 4,000 students and extra down or two each possession, or have all the D2 schools with more than 4,000 students play with only 9 players on the field at a time. Also, each player that plays for a smaller school that plays a larger school should be presented a participation medal at the end of the game;)

Comment

If you are saying I thought student enrollment numbers should determine classification you are wrong.

Comment

No, it almost sounds as though you would like to see D2 add a second lower tier division like a D2-AA, which would eliminate any chance for them competing for the Division 2 Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          No, it almost sounds as though you would like to see D2 add a second lower tier division like a D2-AA, which would eliminate any chance for them competing for the Division 2 Championship.
          That's where I thought the discussion was going, but apologies if I completely missed what you meant Bear. That was my mistake.

Comment

I just was wondering how many division two teams there are that are or State supported. I also think they have a disadvantage mainly from tuition cost.

Comment

It sure hasn't hurt some D1 programs (football or basketball) like Notre Dame, Miami, Duke, Stanford as compared to state supported schools such as Georgia State (enrollment over 52,000).

Comment

Exceptions to the rule can be found with lots of things.

Comment

A whole lot of exceptions to the rule. Other than Rice, most of these programs are pretty competitive, and never make excuses, especially if they're fully funding their programs.

USC
                  Notre Dame
                  Stanford
                  SMU
                  BYU
                  Miami
                  Boston College
                  Tulane
                  Syracuse
                  Tulsa
                  Rice
                  Baylor
                  TCU
                  Northwestern
                  Duke
                  Vanderbilt
                  Wake Forest

Comment

Looks like most exceptions to the rule are mainly D-1 programs with a long history.

Comment

LR's football goes back 112 years, along with some other SAC schools who's history surpasses the century mark, which is longer than Miami, Stanford, and some others.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          new sports complex
                          I just had to look that up, that's a nice looking facility. Congrats

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X