Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this sounds weird, but keep an eye on Mississippi College. They have the potential to finish 7-2 in D2 games with losses only to Valdosta State and West Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      I know this sounds weird, but keep an eye on Mississippi College. They have the potential to finish 7-2 in D2 games with losses only to Valdosta State and West Florida.
      No it doesn't seem weird. See my regional rankings and my notes for SR2.

However, if CN wins out and wins impressively, I would be stunned if they didn't make it in at 8-2. Especially if West Florida continues to play well and even if they lose to Valdosta.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
        I think it would be ridiculous if a 2 loss CN team didn't get in over a 3 loss GSC team this year, assuming there are any 3 loss GSC teams. We'll see how West Florida does the remainder of the year. I also think a 2 loss CN should get in over a one loss Bowie team who hasn't played anyone and would in this scenario have a loss to, at best Virginia Union, lets not forget the SAC swept the CIAA. I could see Miles getting in but two teams from the SIAC would REALLY surprise me
        I wish I could agree about CN, but the fact is that other than the season open win where the eagles slipped by WF by a touchdown where the eagles were dominated in total yards 422 - 262 (not a pretty win) the Eagles have been unable to defeat a single team this year with a winning record (combined 5-16). Unfortunately, the remaining season schedule has the Eagles playing teams with an 11-17 combined record. The GSC's West Alabama remaining schedule are against teams with a record of 15-11.

I believe that for CN to have any shot of slipping into the Playoffs, the Eagles need to win-out big, and hope other potential teams slip up. Again, a team's SOS weighs heavily with the NCAA Playoff selections. Add in the fact that the CIAA has gained more and more respect as their programs have gotten a lot better over the past number of years, and the fact that the SIAC's Albany State defeated a strong West Georgia team this season, this changes the dynamics of who gets in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

I wish I could agree about CN, but the fact is that other than the season open win where the eagles slipped by WF by a touchdown where the eagles were dominated in total yards 422 - 262 (not a pretty win) the Eagles have been unable to defeat a single team this year with a winning record (combined 5-16). Unfortunately, the remaining season schedule has the Eagles playing teams with an 11-17 combined record. The GSC's West Alabama remaining schedule are against teams with a record of 15-11.

I believe that for CN to have any shot of slipping into the Playoffs, the Eagles need to win-out big, and hope other potential teams slip up. Again, a team's SOS weighs heavily with the NCAA Playoff selections. Add in the fact that the CIAA has gained more and more respect as their programs have gotten a lot better over the past number of years, and the fact that the SIAC's Albany State defeated a strong West Georgia team this season, this changes the dynamics of who gets in.
          That's true, but I would bet West Alabama doesn't win the rest of those games. Statistically it looks like Mississippi College is the biggest threat for the GSC to bump CN. Truthfully though I think Virginia Union and Bowie both going one loss could be the biggest threat to knocking Carson Newman out. I just don't see the SIAC getting two teams in, Albany State has the best profile there.

Comment

Ciaa gained a lot of respect today...when Bowie state smacked Union and Fayetteville lost to that dumpster fire known as St. Aug. Also in the SIAC, miles lost to central state.

f CN wins out, they'll be in. Especially since 2 playoff contenders lost to teams I have ranked in the bottom 20 of all D2 football

Comment

Here is my predicted order of finish:

1. Valdosta State
              2. Lenoir-Rhyne
              3. Wingate
              4. Bowie State
              5. Carson-Newman
              6. West Florida
              7. Fort Valley

Comment

Great day for Carson Newman yesterday. Don't lose and you're in.

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post
                Here is my predicted order of finish:

1. Valdosta State
                2. Lenoir-Rhyne
                3. Wingate
                4. Bowie State
                5. Carson-Newman
                6. West Florida
                7. Fort Valley
                I agree for the most part, maybe put Bowie above Wingate is they lose to LR (not sure if they'd put Bowie over LR though) if West Florida beats Valdosta they'll be higher than this, which after yesterday doesn't seem as far fetched. I'm not sure their offense is what it was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
                  Great day for Carson Newman yesterday. Don't lose and you're in.

I agree for the most part, maybe put Bowie above Wingate is they lose to LR (not sure if they'd put Bowie over LR though) if West Florida beats Valdosta they'll be higher than this, which after yesterday doesn't seem as far fetched. I'm not sure their offense is what it was last year.
                  It was a great day solely because Newberry makes me nervous like Catawba used too. CN was in control early, took foot off pedal. Put it back on, took it off and allowed Newberry to get back into it. Ugly win but it's a W. Good teams find ways to win ugly games. Like the LR team when Justice filled in at qb and won a rock fight in playoffs vs us. That dude was a football player and I really liked him

Comment

Eagles control their own destiny now at 6th spot. Dont screw it up lol

Comment

I blew off work to pull this together this afternoon so pleas excuse the normal spelling and grammar errors.

https://www.d2football.com/thoughts-...ings-10282019/

Comment

So, what's the chances of a SIAC team slipping in with the 'earned access' pass?

Comment

So, what's the chances of a SIAC team slipping in with the 'earned access' pass?
                          Given Albany State's current position, I'd have to say the SIAC's chances are pretty good.

Comment

Deja vu

Comment

Deja vu
                              Having 2007 flashbacks?

Comment

LOL, no doubt!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...