Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR defense shines in 36-07 playoff win.

LR is now in sole possession of the longest home winning streak in the country.

Comment

I'm surprised no one is discussing how terrible the officials were yesterday, I can think of at least three screwups. First there was an inadvertent whistle on the kickoff fair catch that was fumbled and recovered by LR, then there was the extra down given on the declined penalty on Miles, LR actually ended up with a safety and the last was the face mask on Miles that was at first signaled and marched off against LR. Coach C was all over the officials all day for missed calls. Not sure what conference these officials were from but I thought the best worked the playoffs. Hmm. Also, I think this EA thing is crap, I mean I'll take the W but there is no way that Miles was the 7th best team in region 2.

Comment

Comment

It did not seem to be LR's best day offensively. I think weather conditions and weak turnouts might have deflated Wingate and LR a little bit. Neither had their typical home field game day experience. Not even close. I think sometimes is actually good to be the road team in some of these playoff games. But even with some struggles, they up 26-0 and halftime and only gave up 125 yards of total offense to Miles. Its hard to not feel good about a 36-7 win in the post season.

Comment

Well said and unfortunately it looks like rain again this Saturday. Last year it was packed for our rematch with Wingate so hopefully we will have a better turnout this Saturday. Was a very off game for our qb. I think he was cold and should have been wearing a long sleeve shirt. Officiating was terrible and unacceptable in my opinion.

Comment

Coach Cronic has said he expects 10,000 for next weeks game, I expect the school to up their promotion as well. Hopefully we get at least 8k. Unfortunately, there just wasn't that much excitement for this game, no disrespect to Miles, but everyone knew this would be a blowout, combine with the weather, people stayed home. Rain is forecasted again, but less of it so we may get lucky. The defense shut down Miles, they wouldn't have had 100 total yards had we not turned it over so much. Will have to play better against CN, but I like our chances.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X