Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Canadarican Poll for 2018

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone! I hope you all are enjoying your holiday season thus far. I am here with the final rankings for 2018, but instead have listed the Final top 25 instead of the regional rankings. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!

1. Valdosta State
    2. Ferris State
    3. Minnesota State
    4. Tarleton State
    5. Ouachita Baptist
    6. Northwest Missouri
    7. Csu-Pueblo
    8. Notre Dame
    9. Lenoir-Rhyne
    10. Indianapolis
    11. Grand Valley
    12. Texas A&M-Commerce
    13. West Georgia
    14. Slippery Rock
    15. Fort Hays
    16. Hillsdale
    17. Harding
    18. West Chester
    19. Colorado Mines
    20. Minnesota Duluth
    21. Midwestern State
    22. LIU Post
    23. Wingate
    24. Pittsburg State
    25. Ohio Dominican

Re: Final Canadarican Poll for 2018

Merry Christmas

Comment

I don't think you've given enough love to Wingate. They had LR beat but lost on a crazy play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post
        I don't think you've given enough love to Wingate. They had LR beat but lost on a crazy play.
        You have NWMS five slots to high and Wingate should be 19th in my opinion. LR beat Wingate on a great catch.

Comment

I really like who you placed at the #3 spot. :wink:

Comment

Hummmm, Carson Newman beat the tar out of Wingate, so I figure the Eagles should be rated 18th or better, but then again, Tusculum beat CN pretty bad so they should be 17th, but Tusculum got beat up by Catawba so I guess the Indians should be maybe 16th, but the Indians got beat by Newberry that got beat by Mars Hill that got beat real bad by the CIAA's Shaw that got beat pretty bad by Chowan. So, I guess Chowan should be in the top 10, right?

Comment

Seems weird to have UIndy directly ahead of GVSU when GVSU dominated UIndy.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                Hummmm, Carson Newman beat the tar out of Wingate, so I figure the Eagles should be rated 18th or better, but then again, Tusculum beat CN pretty bad so they should be 17th, but Tusculum got beat up by Catawba so I guess the Indians should be maybe 16th, but the Indians got beat by Newberry that got beat by Mars Hill that got beat real bad by the CIAA's Shaw that got beat pretty bad by Chowan. So, I guess Chowan should be in the top 10, right?
                And LR swept the SAC undefeated so they should be #5. D2 poll comes out before February I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                  And LR swept the SAC undefeated so they should be #5. D2 poll comes out before February I think.
                  I'm not so sure. If the poll is all about who beat who, you have to consider that LR was also beat by West Alabama, who was beat by The CIAA's Bowie State, West Georgia, and 4 - 6 NGU. I guess it's how you want to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    I'm not so sure. If the poll is all about who beat who, you have to consider that LR was also beat by West Alabama, who was beat by The CIAA's Bowie State, West Georgia, and 4 - 6 NGU. I guess it's how you want to look at it.
                    Yea one year we beat App. State and they beat South Carolina who beat North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      Seems weird to have UIndy directly ahead of GVSU when GVSU dominated UIndy.
                      That is fair and while I personally would have the Lakers ahead of Greyhounds, the Greyhounds hold a ridiculous slim advantage in my rankings formula (.20 %).

Comment

Yea one year we beat App. State and they beat South Carolina who beat North Carolina.
                        I know they don't add up but I love the transitive property in sports for humor purposes.

2007 season Florida lost to Michigan in the Capital One bowl. Michigan lost to Appalachian, who lost to Georgia Southern, who lost to Chattanooga...who lost to Carson-Newman in 2007. :laugh:

Comment

You have NWMS five slots to high and Wingate should be 19th in my opinion. LR beat Wingate on a great catch.
                          Reason for Wingate being #23 is as follows:
                          Ranked 24th in coaches poll
                          Not ranked in Top 25 in 4 other "things/polls/systems" I use for my rankings. In fact, 3 of them have the Bulldogs (based on strength) closer to mid 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                            I know they don't add up but I love the transitive property in sports for humor purposes.

2007 season Florida lost to Michigan in the Capital One bowl. Michigan lost to Appalachian, who lost to Georgia Southern, who lost to Chattanooga...who lost to Carson-Newman in 2007. :laugh:

Comment

...As a point of clarification, that 'crazy' play came on first down from the 32 yard line with 2 minutes remaining. If anything it should have been an in-completed pass and LR would have had two more shots with a time out to get a first down or get into field goal range to tie the contest.

...In addition, LR beat Wingate on their home field earlier in the season.

....NW Mizzou (3 losses ) should not have been ranked above LR (2 losses). Check the AFCA, and especially the Hero Sports polls. They represent a more accurate assessment of the rankings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X