Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Picks Up 3 Star Transfer

LR just picked up Wyatt Rector via transfer from Western Michigan. He was a 3 star dual QB recruit coming out of high school (redshirt last year), ranked 28th overall dual QB. Will be interesting to see if he ends up with the starting job.

Re: LR Picks Up 3 Star Transfer

Well how about that. I learned long ago not to get my drawers too tight about a prima donna prospect. Over the years we've had some transfer in with 3 stars, 4 stars and more stars. Some did pretty well, most didn't but very few lived up to expectations. This fellow puts on his pants the same way we all do and until and if, he finds a new way he is just one of the crowd. Since he redshirted he obviously wasn't as good as the starter or first backup. Otherwise he would be preparing for season 2 at Western Michigan. You say "oh, he was hurt" or "he was settling in and getting his grades up" or "they were saving him for next year" but LISTEN, if he was all that and a jar of peanut butter he would be on the active roster. Just think before you start pounding your chest and shining up the Natty Trophy you plan on putting in the LR trophy case. If we get a freshman in who can help us win do we redshirt him? Hell to the NO! Over the years I remember coaches tooting their horn about some guy transferring in from a big time D1 program and it doesn't pan out. Now, I like Whittingham and I think he's the number 1 guy and until this dude proves he's a bigger winner I'm sticking to my guns.
    Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
      Well how about that. I learned long ago not to get my drawers too tight about a prima donna prospect. Over the years we've had some transfer in with 3 stars, 4 stars and more stars. Some did pretty well, most didn't but very few lived up to expectations. This fellow puts on his pants the same way we all do and until and if, he finds a new way he is just one of the crowd. Since he redshirted he obviously wasn't as good as the starter or first backup. Otherwise he would be preparing for season 2 at Western Michigan. You say "oh, he was hurt" or "he was settling in and getting his grades up" or "they were saving him for next year" but LISTEN, if he was all that and a jar of peanut butter he would be on the active roster. Just think before you start pounding your chest and shining up the Natty Trophy you plan on putting in the LR trophy case. If we get a freshman in who can help us win do we redshirt him? Hell to the NO! Over the years I remember coaches tooting their horn about some guy transferring in from a big time D1 program and it doesn't pan out. Now, I like Whittingham and I think he's the number 1 guy and until this dude proves he's a bigger winner I'm sticking to my guns.
      This post might be the all time tops for use of most cliches

Comment

...No we haven't.

...Did you watch what Valdosta State has been doing with dual-threat quarterbacks?

...Do you remember how effective NW Mizzou was in 2013 with their two quarterbacks?

...The Rector kid verbally committed to Virginia before he hurt his knee in H.S....6-4, 225 pound quarterbacks who throw for over 3000 yards and run for another 900 don't grow on trees.

....LR had six quarterbacks take a snap last year and depth and quality depth was a problem.

....We are gonna see this with all the new transfer rules. It's the new way of the world in college football, even at the D2 level.

...The Bears don't have a Wittingham on their roster. But they do have quarterbacks with the names of Gunner and Wyatt. Sounds like they are gunslingers to me.

Comment

JuJu you are trying to be that little piece of cork that floats around in the wine glass that nobody wants to drink. You know good and well whom I am talking about. The way you pronounce it on the radio it's a wonder his own dear mommy knows how to pronounce it. Wellingham, Whittingham, Woolingham, you say potato I say potado number 16
          Da Bears

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X