Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Spring Championship game

I am hearing that the involved parties are considering moving the championship game forward one week and playing it this Saturday, April 10. Seems logical since Tusculum and LR would both be idle anyway.

It would be great for LR to host this game because we are the defending champion and we already have several people coming in for homecoming activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      It would be great for LR to host this game because we are the defending champion and we already have several people coming in for homecoming activities.
      Think it would make sense to play at Moretz. We played at Tusculum last year so home/away would mean TC at LR next time they play. Would like to see us allow away fans, cap stadium capacity/general admission at 50% and allow more tailgating for this game. I think there is no reason why 5,000 masked fans cannot be safe in an outdoor environment. Chuck, what were the rules the SAC has in place for the spring conference championship?

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

Think it would make sense to play at Moretz. We played at Tusculum last year so home/away would mean TC at LR next time they play. Would like to see us allow away fans, cap stadium capacity/general admission at 50% and allow more tailgating for this game. I think there is no reason why 5,000 masked fans cannot be safe in an outdoor environment. Chuck, what were the rules the SAC has in place for the spring conference championship?
        I agree, if they play in Hickory they need to let more than 1,200 people in. Most fans have been sitting around for a year now waiting to go see a game in person. I mean the stadium holds 8,000 fans, They should be able to allow 75% capacity. I would love to fill the place up. Any idea on when a decision about the game will be made?

Comment

According to the official SAC schedule, the game will be at LR this Saturday, April 10 at 2:30. As far as attendance, they should be able to allow 50%. That is the current state standard. Wingate had 50% for both of their home games.

Comment

Well it looks like LR is not selling any GA tickets. I guess I'm SOL. How can they have a homecoming and HOF ceremony with a majority of the fans not even allowed to attend. This wasn't thought out very well.

Comment

Can somebody explain why they are playing now for a Championship?
              <>

Comment

Good game thus far, QB's have combined for over 500 yards and 4 TD's in the first half. TC 21 LR 14 at the half and LR will receive the second half kick off.

Comment

End of the 3rd with the Pioneers up 11 but L-R in the red zone.

Good game so far.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Congrats to Tusculum! The fall season will be very interesting.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X