Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenoir Rhyne is not a Top 10

It hurts to admit, that after watching LR's first two games, it is obvious they are a long way from being a top 10 team. It was thought they had the receivers to go with a top QB. Well maybe but they have way to many drop balls that hit them in the hands. Kicking game is really good.
    Defense is middle at best at this point. But the running game .....well if the line opens a whole a Mack Truck could go through #3 can go 80 yards. But if any one, including my Deceased Mother, gets a hand on him, he is down. In his tracks. Not his fault. He does the best he can, and he tries, he tries hard. He has no backup. Where is that stable of thousand yard runners LR use to have? All are gone!
    And the play calling will make you shake your head often. Not to mention the number of stupid personal fouls being committed. The local hospitals are being kept busy tending to the number of self inflicted foot wounds.

Yes it is only two games. But what I am seeing started this past spring. And the frustration is there in victory as well as defeat.
    I hope I am wrong but my gut tells me this Coaching Staff is more like the two that followed Mike Houston, rather than building on Drew Cronic's success.
    I really hope I am wrong.

Comment

It's still early, I've seen some of the same issues you mentioned with VSU, especially Saturday/Sunday. It's fortunate we weren't playing Newberry.

Comment

I think McGee will be good, but you make an excellent point about RB depth. The rest of the team combined has about half the rushing attempts McGee has so it seem they don't feel great about the bench talent. It's very different from what we saw with Cronic's teams, where they had a stable of backs that contributed. Cain Crews played last week but did not have a single carry. Don't know why that is.

Comment

Comment

Lenior Rhyne is a good football team. Not sure they are top 10. Newberry won that game by taking away the Lenior Rhyne running game. It is very hard to run the ball against the Newberry defensive front.

Comment

Yes, you are very correct, congratulations to Newberry and good luck on the rest of your season. You guys out played ours, and your Coaches absolutely out coached ours. You staff people were great host, warm, friendly and helpful. Despite the butt kicking you gave us, I had an enjoyable trip to your community and your school.

Comment

LR won yesterday against a Determined Mars Hill. Great. Fantastic. However, as I said in my original post, "frustration in victory or defeat". There was so much frustration in so many ways watching a very talented Bear team. Except for the running game which will absolutely limit the upward projection of this team, the potential of this team is really great.
                The kicking game was really good yesterday, the defensive effort of the line and linebackers (omg what an effort by #1 Mays) was outstanding but the secondary playing 10 yards off was a gift and the Lions ate at will. The coverage deficiency lead to some defensive interference calls and then again there some personal out of bounds fouls that kept MH drives alive.
                No doubt the Coaches did better this week and game but, to me, they are clearly the weakest link. They need to grow and grow quickly or LR will just have a good season. LR is not about good. They are about GREAT.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X