Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes with the players we have coming in and that are available in the portal, we should have a great team. Just have to take it week by week and the season will go from there. We make the playoffs with a healthy roster I honestly believe we could make a deep run.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

Honestly he's far better than all of them but time will only tell. He has to learn the system first and it will go from there. UWF top three backs(He was one of them) can come here and basically be a starter or be a huge role player. Nothing against our backs but some of them are young and aren't really developed.
      So basically what you're saying is that with this WFU transfer coming in, the existing Mars Hill RBs should consider different options such as entering the transfer portal, if moving forward, they are looking for any substantial playing time in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

So basically what you're saying is that with this WFU transfer coming in, the existing Mars Hill RBs should consider different options such as entering the transfer portal, if moving forward, they are looking for any substantial playing time in college football.
        Must have missed this. No, I'm not saying that but this team is set to have their best season to date so the best players should play. Same at another school that has dreams and aspirations of making the playoffs. BTW heard both brothers had a pretty solid first few practices and the Linebacker had a pick and a force fumble and recovery. Hopefully, they keep adapting to the new situation and we get more transfers to fit a few needs and this team will be scary.

Comment

My thing with Mars Hill is I need to see back to back years of success before I start throwing them up with the SAC schools that contend yearly. Clifton has had (I think) 2 winning seasons in the past decade and maybe 3 winning seasons in the 15 years I've followed SAC football.

Lions had a very good season last year that ended not the way they wanted. Hopefully they wipe that sour taste out and have another great season up on the Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            My thing with Mars Hill is I need to see back to back years of success before I start throwing them up with the SAC schools that contend yearly. Clifton has had (I think) 2 winning seasons in the past decade and maybe 3 winning seasons in the 15 years I've followed SAC football.

Lions had a very good season last year that ended not the way they wanted. Hopefully they wipe that sour taste out and have another great season up on the Hill.
            Yes, I 100% agree with that. This team will be very senior driven plus most can return after the season is over for an extra year(due to covid). I honestly think this will be the year they make the playoffs and potentially win the SAC.

Comment

Being that there are 2 divisions in the SAC ( Piedmont & Mountain) Do they select All- Conference players for each division or do they combine the two? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg1 View Post
                Being that there are 2 divisions in the SAC ( Piedmont & Mountain) Do they select All- Conference players for each division or do they combine the two? Just curious.
                No just the one. Just like they do in the SEC, ACC etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
                  Things are starting to shape up very well for Mars Hill. They have landed two guys from West Florida already and are quietly putting together a great team while using the portal. They were a game away from the playoffs last year and they were a much better team than Newberry who beat WF. Don't be surprised if the Lions make a run this year. They are well experienced and are only getting better.
                  "Much better than Neweberry", Wow, they beat Newberry in Double Overtime when Newberry played one of their worst games of the season. Just my opinion, but I believe LR will be pretty good and I think Newberry will not be a bad team either; however, I don't see any others in the SAC that will make alot of noise this coming year. I think LR has to be the favorite to win the SAC this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X