Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question: SAC and CIAA

A question: Why are there not more games between NC CIAA schools and NC SAC schools? It would seem to me that natural rivalries could be be developed; larger gates as a result of shorter commutes; more press coverage,etc?

But think about Lenoir Rhyne/Winston Salem State games; or Lenoir Rhyne/Johnson C Smith; or Catawba or Wingate and the same schools.
    Just a question.

Both CIAA's St Augs and Chowan have 2 SAC teams on their upcoming schedules. As I recall, for years WSSU had basically begged Lenoir Rhyne for a football matchup, even offering the Bears the opportunity to host, but the LR's coaches and AD adamantly refused time after time. Glad to see that Lenoir Rhyne will be hosting CIAA's Virginia State this coming season as a rematch from last season opening game. Hopefully a lot more fans will see this's years matchup as compared to last year's scant attendance of 1,174.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
      A question: Why are there not more games between NC CIAA schools and NC SAC schools? It would seem to me that natural rivalries could be be developed; larger gates as a result of shorter commutes; more press coverage,etc?

But think about Lenoir Rhyne/Winston Salem State games; or Lenoir Rhyne/Johnson C Smith; or Catawba or Wingate and the same schools.
      Just a question.
      When I was at Catawba in the early 2000s the non-conference schedule was almost exclusively CIAA... Winston Salem, Fayetteville, Livingstone, Chowan, Virginia State... they regularly played at least two of those every year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X