Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Record Prediction

I got the Bears going 10-1. Lone loss to Ferris. The key SAC opponents they get at home (Newberry and Wingate).

Comment

9-2 or 8-3 I don't think they can run the table in the SAC this year.
      Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
        I got the Bears going 10-1. Lone loss to Ferris. The key SAC opponents they get at home (Newberry and Wingate).
        They will lose more than 1 game. Would have never imagined them losing on the road to UVA Wise like they did last year, but with a lack of discipline comes 1 or 2 surprise losses every year.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post

They will lose more than 1 game. Would have never imagined them losing on the road to UVA Wise like they did last year, but with a lack of discipline comes 1 or 2 surprise losses every year.
          Absolutely. They may drop a SAC game. But I like their odds with getting the big challengers at home.

Comment

Sure maybe they drop one game, but predicting four losses is reckless

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
              Sure maybe they drop one game, but predicting four losses is reckless

Comment

I TRULY HOPE MY BEARS RUN THE TABLE THIS YEAR. TRULY I DO. BUT THEY WILL NOT. 9 AND 2 IS MORE LIKE IT, GIVEN THE UNKNOWNS AND LEVEL OF COMPETITION. SO LET ME STATE THAT 9 AND 2 OR BETTER, COACHES EARNED OUR GRATITUDE. LESS THAN 9 AND 2, IT IS THE DEGREE OF UNHAPPINESS THAT WILL HAVE TO BE DETERMINED.

THE COACHES HAVE KNOWN FOR 3 YEARS WILLINGHAM WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED. NO SECRET. SO WE ARE AT POSITION A OR POSITION B. A IS THAT THEY DID NOT FEEL THE NEED TO GO GET A PORTAL TRANSFER OR TOP NOTCH RECRUIT BECAUSE THEY WERE SATISFIED THE REPLACEMENT WAS ALREADY ON CAMPUS.

OR POSITION B, THEY TRIED AND COULD NOT GET THAT RECRUIT TO COME TO LRU.

I HOPE THAT POSITION A IS ON TARGET AND WE SEE THE PROOF OF THAT OPENING NIGHT. BECAUSE FROM WHAT I SEE, POSITION A IS WHERE WE ARE IN THE COACH'S MIND.

A SECOND CONCERN IS THE RUNNING GAME. MCGEE IS GOOD. REAL GOOD. AT GETTING YOU 30 TO 70 YARDS. HE IS ALSO NOT SO GOOD AT GETTING YOU 2 TO 4 YARDS WHEN EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNOWS THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET. SO THE QUESTION IS, AFTER TWO YEARS, DO WE NOW HAVE THE HELP IN THE BACKFIELD THAT WE KNOW WAS SO BADLY NEEDED LAST YEAR. AND IF YES, WILL THE COACHES ACTUALLY USE IT?

AT ANY RECORD WORSE THAN 8 AND 3, LRU SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CRONIC, HOUSTON OR GOLDSMITH. I HOPE THAT THIS SEASON WILL GO ALONG WAY TOWARDS VERIFYING JACOBS AND CREW ARE THE TEAM LRU NEEDS. LRU HAS GIVEN ALL THE RESOURCES ANY D2 PROGRAM COULD GIVE FOR A STAFF AND PROGRAM TO BE SUCCESSFUL. GO BEARS.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                  I TRULY HOPE MY BEARS RUN THE TABLE THIS YEAR. TRULY I DO. BUT THEY WILL NOT. 9 AND 2 IS MORE LIKE IT, GIVEN THE UNKNOWNS AND LEVEL OF COMPETITION. SO LET ME STATE THAT 9 AND 2 OR BETTER, COACHES EARNED OUR GRATITUDE. LESS THAN 9 AND 2, IT IS THE DEGREE OF UNHAPPINESS THAT WILL HAVE TO BE DETERMINED.

THE COACHES HAVE KNOWN FOR 3 YEARS WILLINGHAM WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED. NO SECRET. SO WE ARE AT POSITION A OR POSITION B. A IS THAT THEY DID NOT FEEL THE NEED TO GO GET A PORTAL TRANSFER OR TOP NOTCH RECRUIT BECAUSE THEY WERE SATISFIED THE REPLACEMENT WAS ALREADY ON CAMPUS.

OR POSITION B, THEY TRIED AND COULD NOT GET THAT RECRUIT TO COME TO LRU.

I HOPE THAT POSITION A IS ON TARGET AND WE SEE THE PROOF OF THAT OPENING NIGHT. BECAUSE FROM WHAT I SEE, POSITION A IS WHERE WE ARE IN THE COACH'S MIND.

A SECOND CONCERN IS THE RUNNING GAME. MCGEE IS GOOD. REAL GOOD. AT GETTING YOU 30 TO 70 YARDS. HE IS ALSO NOT SO GOOD AT GETTING YOU 2 TO 4 YARDS WHEN EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNOWS THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET. SO THE QUESTION IS, AFTER TWO YEARS, DO WE NOW HAVE THE HELP IN THE BACKFIELD THAT WE KNOW WAS SO BADLY NEEDED LAST YEAR. AND IF YES, WILL THE COACHES ACTUALLY USE IT?

AT ANY RECORD WORSE THAN 8 AND 3, LRU SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CRONIC, HOUSTON OR GOLDSMITH. I HOPE THAT THIS SEASON WILL GO ALONG WAY TOWARDS VERIFYING JACOBS AND CREW ARE THE TEAM LRU NEEDS. LRU HAS GIVEN ALL THE RESOURCES ANY D2 PROGRAM COULD GIVE FOR A STAFF AND PROGRAM TO BE SUCCESSFUL. GO BEARS.

Comment

I have the Newberry Wolves going 9-2 regular season with loses to LR and Mars Hill. We may get lucky and get past mars Hill which I think would put us at 10-1 best senario.

Comment

D2Superfan,
                      How much of your last post is true knowledge and how much is conjecture? My Position A and B was conjecture? I believe it is logical, and since we both lost and gained players to the portal, I could not come to any other conclusions.

I truly want LRU to excel and I want these coaches to succeed. However, I am not sold on them. They sure are not as bad as the two set of coaches between Houston and Cronic but I have not seen much evidence that we win many games on coaching, and I believe we have definitely lost games on coaching (UVA WISE and Newberry).
                      I also know we have had a couple kids that could and should have started as freshman (at the very least played bunches) that went elsewhere because, as they told me, they did not feel wanted at LR.

Comment

Last night at the Annual Season Kickoff and New Stadium opening, I talked with two different LR starters, one offense and one defense. Talked with them separately at different times so their responses were independent. Both were very high on Cagle being the starting QB. Both talked about his passing ability and his scampling ability as being better than LR had in the past couple of years.
                        I then got to talk for a few minutes with Cagle and while confident, humble and thankful for the opportunity to being allowed to lead the Bears. Do not know how that translates into wins but I am pretty sure the first step in getting wins is to have a QB whom is confident in his abilities and WANTS TO BE IN THAT POSITION. Last night, Mr. Cagle certainly let me know he was eager to get on the field at game time.
                        Go Bears.

Comment

Comment

Bearhof, thanks for the input and information.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                              Last night at the Annual Season Kickoff and New Stadium opening, I talked with two different LR starters, one offense and one defense. Talked with them separately at different times so their responses were independent. Both were very high on Cagle being the starting QB. Both talked about his passing ability and his scampling ability as being better than LR had in the past couple of years.
                              I then got to talk for a few minutes with Cagle and while confident, humble and thankful for the opportunity to being allowed to lead the Bears. Do not know how that translates into wins but I am pretty sure the first step in getting wins is to have a QB whom is confident in his abilities and WANTS TO BE IN THAT POSITION. Last night, Mr. Cagle certainly let me know he was eager to get on the field at game time.
                              Go Bears.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X