Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBERRY vs. Allen University

I expected Newberry to win this game big, and I'm pleased to say they did not disappoint. Newberry looks very solid on both sides of the ball. With 460 yards of offense and it was evenly distributed between pass and rush. The defense, which was very strong last year, only gave up 197 total yards. The offense was able to mainly stick to base plays and did not give away much of their Offensive play book. I know it is very early, and anything can happen, but Newberry looks much stronger on both sides of the ball than they did last year. The most exciting part for me was watching the freshman fullback Dewayne Wright punish and run over linebackers on his way to 133 yards on just 12 carries. I think we have us a fullback! Can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings.

Congratulations on the win. But please put it into perspective. Allen has an enrollment of just over 600 students and is in its first full year of D2 participation. Take the win and be proud of it. But it is similar to Emory and Henry, Erskine and other new entries. It will take them some time to adjust to this level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
      Congratulations on the win. But please put it into perspective. Allen has an enrollment of just over 600 students and is in its first full year of D2 participation. Take the win and be proud of it. But it is similar to Emory and Henry, Erskine and other new entries. It will take them some time to adjust to this level of competition.
      Sounds like a bears fan is still salty about Newberry beating the bears last year. I hate to say it sounds like Newberry is going to beat them again this year. The bears disappointed in their opener but the Wolves dominated.
      GO BEARS

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
        As I stated in my first sentence BearFan 1, we expected to win this game big. However, I played this game and have watched it for many more years and saw teams fall short of expectations. All I was stating was NEWBERRY did not disappoint. On top of dominating on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, Newberry had two young freshman running backs that showed they have something to contribute this year. Good luck this season and we look forward to seeing the new Bears stadium on October 22nd.

Comment

I agree. I was not meaning to take anything away from Newberry nor was I meaning any disrespect. I have every respect for them and their program. Hope we are both undefeated when the Wolves come to town. However, I do not expect that to be the case. We play Ferris next Saturday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X