Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    Wingate controls their destiny. Win and their Piedmont Champs. But if they lose, all of hades breaks lose
    No, all hades won’t break loose. Based on what you posted from the tiebreaker scenario, it’s still a win and you’re in situation. The tiebreaker would push to scenario B, and Newberry would be 3-0 in the division vs teams not involved in the tiebreaker. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I can’t decide if I want to go to Wingate or Mars Hill next week! I’m based out of Greenville, so I’ll likely go to the Hill!

Comment

All i can say is what a gutsy team win this was for Limestone. This win guarantees us our first winning season in program history. Also our first win over a nationally ranked opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

No, all hades won’t break loose. Based on what you posted from the tiebreaker scenario, it’s still a win and you’re in situation. The tiebreaker would push to scenario B, and Newberry would be 3-0 in the division vs teams not involved in the tiebreaker. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I can’t decide if I want to go to Wingate or Mars Hill next week! I’m based out of Greenville, so I’ll likely go to the Hill!
        Yep. Because even if Limestone and L-R finish up 6-2 it's still win and in for the Wolves and Bulldogs.

Comment

If Newberry beats Wingate you could have Limestone,LR, Newberry and Wingate tied with two conference losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            If Newberry beats Wingate you could have Limestone,LR, Newberry and Wingate tied with two conference losses.
            Yep. And while all four would be co-division champions, the Bears and Saints would be eliminated in the first tiebreaker in head to head results I think.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Yep. And while all four would be co-division champions, the Bears and Saints would be eliminated in the first tiebreaker in head to head results I think.
              It is a consequence of the criteria that this eliminates the teams with the "better" losses (LR and Stone only losing to the conference co-champions) rather than the teams with the worse losses (to teams not in that group).

But I understand the use of that criteria - the performance against better teams should be rewarded.

Comment

Congratulations to Limestone on the win. Limestone is a good football team. Unfortunately, NEWBERRY's defense didn't show up. Limestone's offensive line dominated our defensive line and we missed too many tackles.

Good news is we still have a small chance of winning the conference and making the playoffs if we win out.

Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

Comment

I have a buddy that coaches at Catawba. The conference office emailed the head coaches this morning. In the event that Newberry wins and there’s 4 teams at 4-2, by the criteria, Newberry would win the Piedmont. Of course if Wingate wins, Wingate wins the Piedmont and there’s 0 tiebreakers.

So basically, we have two SAC Semifinal games next Saturday.

Comment

So Newberry- Wingate winner and loser plays Tusculum-Mars Hill winner and loser. So then who does LR and Limestone play?

Comment

So Newberry- Wingate winner and loser plays Tusculum-Mars Hill winner and loser. So then who does LR and Limestone play?
                      Here is what was scheduled for the last week:
                      Emory & Henry at Limestone
                      Mars Hill at Newberry
                      Tusculum at Lenoir-Rhyne
                      Carson-Newman at Catawba
                      UVA Wise at Wingate
                      Erskine at Barton

My understanding is they swap opponents. So I think it would be as follows:
                      Newberry and Tusculum win: Mars Hill plays LR
                      Newberry and Mars hill win: schedule stays as is above
                      Wingate and Tusculum win: UVA Wise plays L-R
                      Wingate and Mars Hill win: UVA Wise and Newberry play

Limestone will play E&H no matter what.

Comment

Now that’s a mouthful Mr C. So it appears LR plays the loser of Tusculum and Mars Hill. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Now that’s a mouthful Mr C. So it appears LR plays the loser of Tusculum and Mars Hill. Thanks for the clarification.
                          Not exactly. They could end up playing I think 3 teams possibly

Comment

So if Newberry and Tusculum win and Newberry beats Tusculum would that mean Newberry Tusculum and Wingate make po.

Comment

So if Newberry and Tusculum win and Newberry beats Tusculum would that mean Newberry Tusculum and Wingate make po.
                              I don't think the SAC gets three teams in. Unless absolute chaos takes place.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X