Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the NEWBERRY vs. Limestone game

I have just gotten to a point to be able to put some thoughts down regarding the NEWBERRY/Limestone game. Again, I congratulations Limestone on the win. They desrved that win. The NEWBERRY offense played well enough to win that game with 415 yards of offense. Mario Anderson had another good game with174 rushing yards; unfortunately, the NEWBERRY defense didn't show up. Not to take anything away from Limestone as they have a good offense; however, our defense made them look great. Limestome had 553 yards of offense. That was embarassing. We couldn't slow down the run or pass. Special Teams play was inconsistant. High snap on first field goal attempt, then we miss another that should have been made. Those 2 field goals give NEWBERRY the lead even with the defense playing horrible. Special Teams has got to be more consistant to beat good football teams.

Hopefully we see a different defense this Saturday or we will be done!

Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
    I have just gotten to a point to be able to put some thoughts down regarding the NEWBERRY/Limestone game. Again, I congratulations Limestone on the win. They desrved that win. The NEWBERRY offense played well enough to win that game with 415 yards of offense. Mario Anderson had another good game with174 rushing yards; unfortunately, the NEWBERRY defense didn't show up. Not to take anything away from Limestone as they have a good offense; however, our defense made them look great. Limestome had 553 yards of offense. That was embarassing. We couldn't slow down the run or pass. Special Teams play was inconsistant. High snap on first field goal attempt, then we miss another that should have been made. Those 2 field goals give NEWBERRY the lead even with the defense playing horrible. Special Teams has got to be more consistant to beat good football teams.

Hopefully we see a different defense this Saturday or we will be done!

Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!
    Lucky for Newberry fans, from what I’ve seen and heard, Wingate’s offense is pretty darn bad.

If Limestone (terrific offensive players) and LR (not so terrific offensive scheme) can score 21, I suspect the Old Indians can match or top that number by a score or two and that’ll be enough.

In my head, I’d say Newberry 28, Wingate 20.

Comment

I believe from watching LR against both teams that Newberry will win 31- 17.

Comment

Hope you guys are right. What has me concerned with Wingate is their defense. They are really good on the defensive side of the ball, which I believe may cause problems for Newberry's offense.

Comment

Having been at both games I think bear hog ills correct

Comment

IMO, having also seen both against the Bears of LR, if Harris is 100% and if Anderson is there, Newberry by 2 touchdowns. But, it will not be a low scoring game. If LR had a running game and defensive backs that could cover and catch/hold interceptions, LR wins. Newberry is better if they show up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X