Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Well, the regular season is coming to a finish and we have the top two teams from each division squaring off for the first-ever SAC Championship. Mars Hill whose only loss of the season came to Limestone and Newberry dropped two games against CN and Limestone but managed to beat Wingate and LR Have set themselves in a position to claim the crown as SAC champs for the 22 season. This game should be a good one and both teams will be fighting for a spot in the PO. Win you're in lose unfortunately you're out. I'll give my prediction on this game later on in the week but I think this game is really going to be special. Wish this game could be held at a neutral position but I'm excited, to say the least.

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
    Well, the regular season is coming to a finish and we have the top two teams from each division squaring off for the first-ever SAC Championship. Mars Hill whose only loss of the season came to Limestone and Newberry dropped two games against CN and Limestone but managed to beat Wingate and LR Have set themselves in a position to claim the crown as SAC champs for the 22 season. This game should be a good one and both teams will be fighting for a spot in the PO. Win you're in lose unfortunately you're out. I'll give my prediction on this game later on in the week but I think this game is really going to be special. Wish this game could be held at a neutral position but I'm excited, to say the least.
    Welcome to the Graveyard MarsHillU2022! I'm excited that my NEWBERRY WOLVES have a chance to win back to back SAC Championships! The Graveyard tends to be a tough place for teams to beat my Wolves; however, if I'm honest, I would have to give the edge to Mars Hill due to the strong defense you guys have displayed all year. Hoping for a good game and can't wait until Saturday!

Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

Welcome to the Graveyard MarsHillU2022! I'm excited that my NEWBERRY WOLVES have a chance to win back to back SAC Championships! The Graveyard tends to be a tough place for teams to beat my Wolves; however, if I'm honest, I would have to give the edge to Mars Hill due to the strong defense you guys have displayed all year. Hoping for a good game and can't wait until Saturday!

I would say you guys have the advantage this week. Your offense is a homerun waiting to happen. Our offense will need to score some points if we want to make it out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
        Based on the D2Football show tonight on YouTube live, I believe it’s only win and you’re in for the Hill. They don’t have Newberry on their speculated Top 10 regional rankings, and even InkBlot (whom is normally spot on) had the Wolves at #10. Seems as if the best chance for the SAC to get multiple teams, in their opinion, is a Mars Hill win. Outside chance for Limestone as well!

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

Based on the D2Football show tonight on YouTube live, I believe it’s only win and you’re in for the Hill. They don’t have Newberry on their speculated Top 10 regional rankings, and even InkBlot (whom is normally spot on) had the Wolves at #10.
          I was momentarily confused by this until I remembered that Newberry and West Georgia have the same nickname...

Comment

Mars Hill has to be favored in this game. They have a strong defense, especially against the run, which is NEWBERRY's bread & butter. Hope I'm wrong , but only time will tell.

Comment

Should be a good game either way though I would think.
              The last few years they have been really close
              Last game that wasn't was 2017 when newberry won 28-0
              Last three games all Mars Hill wins oddly enough have been decided by a total of 11 points (biggest margin was last years 6 point OT win in which I believe Newberry almost came back and won in regulation)

Just my opinion

Comment

As promised it's the middle of the week. I think this game is going to be an offensive shootout in the first half and then it'll be all up to the defenses to make the key stops and adjustments. I think this game will end in a 35-28 Nail Bitter that the Lions pull out to win the game in the fourth quarter. It's been a long time coming for the Lions and we will win the SAC and then be in the PO field for the first time in a long time. This team has been impressive all season and has been my pick since January to win the SAC. I think they finally break through and it will prevail over them for the deep run I expect them to have if they get into the PO. Coaches are going to have to coach their butts off and obviously, players are going to have to play the best they have all season to leave the Graveyard with a Win and the trophy.

Comment

Gametime is approaching in the Graveyard. Should be a good game that could go either way!

Get'em Wolfpack!

Comment

Newberry wins! Back-to-Back SAC Champions!

Comment

Go Wolfpack!

Comment

I see it as a five way tie for first and no matter how you spin it there are five teams tied at seven wins and two losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          I see it as a five way tie for first and no matter how you spin it there are five teams tied at seven wins and two losses.
                          I mean, mathematically you aren't wrong but the record books won't see it that way.

Comment

I see it as Mars Hill won the mountain division and LR,Limestone Newberry and Wingate tied for first in the piedmont division. They all have just as much right to claim it as their records are the same.

Comment

The ECHOLS Cup confirmed that there was a five way tie for first in football for the 2022 football season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X