Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
    The ECHOLS Cup confirmed that there was a five way tie for first in football for the 2022 football season.
    So are all 5 getting conference championship rings and shirts? Because for four of them it would be quite silly. I could care less what the Echols cup says.

Comment

The SAC page says the 2022 SAC football champions are the Newberry Wolves. That's literally all that matters. Getting points for a regular season tie and actually winning the conference championship game are not equal.

Comment

Congrats to Newberry! Well deserved! 5 way Tie! 😂 Not!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

So are all 5 getting conference championship rings and shirts? Because for four of them it would be quite silly. I could care less what the Echols cup says.
          I don’t know. I guess if each team that finished at 7-2 wanted to get rings and or tee shirt that would be up to them. I guess Limestone is very excited about their first place finish and might do that. They might even end up in playoffs at the seventh seed and the other SAC school besides Wingate in post season. Crazy year and kinda fitting the way everyone beat up each other with no outright champion.

Comment

I don’t know. I guess if each team that finished at 7-2 wanted to get rings and or tee shirt that would be up to them. I guess Limestone is very excited about their first place finish and might do that. They might even end up in playoffs at the seventh seed and the other SAC school besides Wingate in post season. Crazy year and kinda fitting the way everyone beat up each other with no outright champion.
            But...there was an outright champion. The conference itself said so....

Comment

BearHOF can’t accept the fact that LR had 3 regular season losses and didn’t make the playoffs. Newberry back to back SAC champs. They are the new standard, not LR.

Comment

What gives Newberry the right to claim the championship by themselves. I view there game against MH as just a season ending game that was already scheduled and Mars Hill was the only team with a chance for outright championship. You could make a case for all the other teams to be tied with the other based on head to head results and or the games lost to teams with more losses. I just have a problem with the process on determining a championship when a team loses to a team with a losing record but still gets in.

Comment

What gives Newberry the right to claim the championship by themselves. I view there game against MH as just a season ending game that was already scheduled and Mars Hill was the only team with a chance for outright championship. You could make a case for all the other teams to be tied with the other based on head to head results and or the games lost to teams with more losses. I just have a problem with the process on determining a championship when a team loses to a team with a losing record but still gets in.
                  Come on my man...You can't be serious....because they won the tiebreakers to qualify for the conference championship game. No. You can't make a case. The conference has set out criteria for breaking ties to determine who played in the league championship game. There was no contesting the Mountain. Piedmont was determined with the first tiebreaker. Newberry went 2-1 against tied teams as did Wingate. Bears and Saints went 1-2. End of story.

Comment

I don't think your problem is with the process. It's with the fact the Bears aren't co champions. If it was LR instead of Newberry, I believe you would vehemently disagree my friend.

And Newberry isn't claiming it. The South Atlantic Conference is!

Comment

https://twitter.com/SAC_Athletics/st...31huO0QOA&s=19

Comment

Not to mention Newberry only had 1 loss in the division. LR had 2.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Come on my man...You can't be serious....because they won the tiebreakers to qualify for the conference championship game. No. You can't make a case. The conference has set out criteria for breaking ties to determine who played in the league championship game. There was no contesting the Mountain. Piedmont was determined with the first tiebreaker. Newberry went 2-1 against tied teams as did Wingate. Bears and Saints went 1-2. End of story.
                          I know the rules are the rules I just wanted to recognize that five teams finished with the same conference record. Appreciate all the great responses to the process of choosing our champion with the same won loss record as four other teams. Congratulations Newberry hopefully you will be in the po. Crazy how Limestone might be ahead of you in the last regional rankings. So two SAC teams in Po over the SAC champion. Now that’s a topic for discussion.

Comment

Congrats on Newberry on a hard-fought game. Good luck in the PO.

Comment

Congratulations to Newberry!!
                              Now go out and win at least a couple of playoff games both for yourself, and for the CONFERENCE. The SAC needs the respect that comes with wins!
                              Go Newberry.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X