Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenoir Rhyne

Are we going to try and ignore the fact that LR, after building a brand new $20million stadium and winning back to back conference championships (and 3rd round playoff appearances) in ‘18 and ‘19..... DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR? and they lost in the 1st round last year....
    what happened to LR? They are no longer the standard of the SAC. In fact, I don’t know if they are top 3 in the SAC anymore.

It was a nice run over the last 12 years except for 15,16,17. We have really had some exceptional talent and coaches. Fred Goldsmith was the starter to LR becoming relevant. I personally think the 2014 team was the best team in forever at LR. Cronic did an amazing job going 26-3 in two years. I also think if Kyle Duggar had not elected to sit out the WFla game we would have won the national championship. Jacobs is 20-7 in two and a half years so its been a tough evaluation. Po loss last year was tough to absorb because of the murder of a teammate the day of the game and our qb playing with a serious shoulder injury to his throwing arm. This year we tied for first with four other teams and had we played a ciaa team instead of Ferris State we probably would have made the playoffs. As far as rankings in several polls we are ahead of everyone in the conference but Newberry. I know the coaches are and have recruited some very good players but were disappointed in the offensive line play. We expect LR to be very competitive for years to come and will make any adjustments necessary for this to happen. We learned this year that its all about the number of wins regardless of how week your schedule is. Case in point Benedict. We are so very proud of our stadium and the game day experience is by far the best in the SAC. I personally don’t like the two divisions of our conference and this year is a good example of the conference champion and so called runner up didn’t make the playoffs. We didn’t even play Mars Hill this year for the first time in several years. Next year is going to be filled with high expectations from not just the coaches but from there bosses as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      Next year is going to be filled with high expectations from not just the coaches but from there bosses as well.
      You think Kim will put some heat on Mike Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You think Kim will put some heat on Mike Jacobs?
        He probably will be feeling the heat if results don’t improve next year.

Comment

I think that’s a strong possibility

Comment

I think Jacobs and the Bears will be fine. It could always be back to the dark ages when Hickory HS and Newton-Conover would joke they were gonna schedule LR for homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
              I think Jacobs and the Bears will be fine. It could always be back to the dark ages when Hickory HS and Newton-Conover would joke they were gonna schedule LR for homecoming.
              I tend agree. We’ll be fine next year. The team is still young and should keep growing and maturing. But if they decline or remain the same I believe Jacob will be feeling the heat.

Comment

I would be putting the heat on myself if I were Jacobs.

Someone keeps bringing up the Bowie State game. As I said before, those young men will forever get a pass from me for preforming in the face of a tragedy that I don’t think any of us would ever want to face. Blast other things all you want, but please for the love of God, stop bringing that game up.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcheftvdinner View Post
                  I would be putting the heat on myself if I were Jacobs.

Someone keeps bringing up the Bowie State game. As I said before, those young men will forever get a pass from me for preforming in the face of a tragedy that I don’t think any of us would ever want to face. Blast other things all you want, but please for the love of God, stop bringing that game up.
                  Should a forfeit have been more appropriate since the team was fully aware of the situation, rather than playing and forever blaming a loss on a tragedy, thus watering down Bowie State's hard fought victory?

Comment

Take it as blaming all you want. I never said that. I simply said that they did the best that they could do given the circumstances. Not everyone can be Jordan and win with the flu. Normal humans struggle at times. The young men wanted to play and they did their best and lost. That’s all that any fan could ask.

In 2012 you were leading the charge in blaming the field conditions, that both teams were playing on, for LR winning those two games in the playoffs.

Also, I’m pretty sure that this season you harped on Ferris State’s QB1 not playing and how the game would have been worse had he played.

Are you the pot or the kettle?

The facts of the situation aren’t always blaming.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcheftvdinner View Post
                      Take it as blaming all you want. I never said that. I simply said that they did the best that they could do given the circumstances. Not everyone can be Jordan and win with the flu. Normal humans struggle at times. The young men wanted to play and they did their best and lost. That’s all that any fan could ask.

In 2012 you were leading the charge in blaming the field conditions, that both teams were playing on, for LR winning those two games in the playoffs.

Also, I’m pretty sure that this season you harped on Ferris State’s QB1 not playing and how the game would have been worse had he played.

Are you the pot or the kettle?

The facts of the situation aren’t always blaming.
                      LOL, Please show those quotes that you're pretty sure I wrote.

Comment

If I thought even for a minute that Jacobs and crew were:
                        A. great recruiters
                        B. could develop a game plan for big games against equal (or bettter) talented teams
                        then I would say be patient with them and give them another year.
                        But I do not see it. Either case. Recruiting? Where are the portal players? At Carson Newman, Limestone, etc.. Not LR.

Game planning? Look no further than Ferris, Wingate and Newberry games this year and especially Newberry last year.
                        I am sorry. I do not see anything in this coaching staff but average. Average is not what LR wants.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10

Trust me, losing that game had nothing to do with the player that passed away. That player was a freshman at the time, and not many people (if any) who were playing in the game were actually close friends with him. That did not affect the game at all, LR was out coached and out played. But you can make excuses for LR all you want.
                          Good God, have a heart man.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

Good God, have a heart man.
                            I know I can be cold but dang

Comment

I was at the game last year and several players and coaches were very much affected by this tragic incident. We also should not have played Grayson our quarterback. His shoulder injury was inhibiting his ability to throw the ball more than twenty yards. I have had a discussion about this with our coach and voiced my opinion that this decision probably cost us the game. Especially since we missed several wide open receivers in critical situations that game. Bowie was a good team though and at least they were deserving of a playoff spot unlike a couple of teams this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X