Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC and Mountain East Football Alliance

The South Atlantic Conference is pleased to announce that it has joined with the Mountain East Conference in a football scheduling alliance for the 2025 and 2026 seasons.
    In a historic partnership, the football member institutions from both conferences will fill available non-conference dates with a focus on travel distance and competitive balance. In addition to providing quality non-conference matchups, the collaboration will ensure that every team in each conference will be able to complete a full 11-game regular season schedule.

Both conferences will have 11 football members in 2025, making a non-conference scheduling agreement between the conferences a natural fit.

"The SAC is thrilled to reach this agreement with the Mountain East Conference," said SAC Commissioner Patrick Britz. "As two of the stronger football conferences in NCAA Division II, we feel this 'outside the box' idea will ensure full and competitive schedules for all our football teams."

"We look forward to this football scheduling partnership with the South Atlantic Conference in 2025 and 2026 as we expect a series of exciting matchups," said MEC Commissioner Reid Amos. "Our conferences are highly competitive NCAA Division II leagues, and we anticipate that this partnership will be mutually beneficial to the SAC and the MEC."

Mountain East Conference football members in 2025 include Alderson Broaddus, Charleston, Concord, Fairmont State, Frostburg State, Glenville State, Notre Dame College, West Liberty, West Virginia State, West Virginia Wesleyan, and Wheeling.

South Atlantic Conference football members in 2025 include Anderson, Carson-Newman, Catawba, Emory & Henry, Lenoir-Rhyne, Limestone, Mars Hill, Newberry, Tusculum, UVA Wise, and Wingate.

This is a big move for the SAC! We've all struggled with getting teams on the calendar in recent years and this ensures all SAC teams will have decent and guarantied games for 2025 and 26. Hopefully we see more of these moving forward.

Comment

This move is yet another reason and the right time why the SAC football programs in SC may be now considering potentially making a move to join Conference Carolinas.

On a positive note, I believe this move may eliminate future opportunities for some ADs to pimp their football teams out for pay checks by scheduling higher division FCS teams.

Comment

Eagle 74, why do you say that the SAC South Carolina teams may be considering joining Conference Carolina? What is the downside for the South Carolina teams with this alliance?

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
          Eagle 74, why do you say that the SAC South Carolina teams may be considering joining Conference Carolina? What is the downside for the South Carolina teams with this alliance?
          Eagle has been pimping for Conference Carolina football since d2messageboard.com was a thing. I think his first post was about Brevard College starting football and them moving to DII would almost IMMEDIATELY lead to Conference Carolina starting football!!!!!

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

[QUOTE=boatcapt;n759176]

Brevard College starting football /QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on Brevard to start football ;)

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Eagle has been pimping for Conference Carolina football since d2messageboard.com was a thing. I think his first post was about Brevard College starting football and them moving to DII would almost IMMEDIATELY lead to Conference Carolina starting football!!!!!
                Very very strange post. If you check the record and history, you will see that Brevard started football long before (around 4 or 5 years) my first post on D2Football.com. Not really sure what's going on in this case, but you obviously have me totally confused with someone else.

I actually knew very little about Brevard except they were a member of the SAC, but didn't survive being in D2, and I knew nothing at all about Conference Carolina until several years ago. In fact, until several years ago, I didn't know that Conference Carolina was even a D2 conference.
                Last edited by Eagle74; 06-29-2023, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X