Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Probably missed out on a lot of potentially good transfers, unless he's holding off on scholarships to be able to entice some good ones.
    Not the game plan most coaches would put in place in getting a brand new program started, but to each their own.
    Transfers in 2023 are a very different animal than transfers in 2015. They have so many more options now. I think getting them on board for a scrimmage year would be much tougher in the current portal system.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      Will do. Just, someone was telling me recently about back when Brevard started football. They supposedly had a good coach, but very little support from the school.
      Hello SAC fans. New to the board but look forward to being involved with AU starting football next season. I had a chance to hear Coach Lamb speak at a recent function and he said he had no real intention of taking the job unless it was going to be funded like a Division 1 program.

Been here in town for three decades and the growth of university is incredible and the new football facility is at the very least going to be on level or above most of the teams they compete against in recruiting.

Also being told there are approximately 10 transfers who will join the team in August and the coaches already have a plan to bring in another ten or so this spring before they start playing in 2024. As an old Anderson College alum, its exciting to have Saturdays in the falls with football.

This is a recent picture of the new Football Building built in what will be the endzone of the stadium currently being used for soccer and lacrosse. I believe it will be completed by October.

https://twitter.com/AUTrojansFB/stat...76559434694656

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! The clubhouse looks great!!

Comment

When Lenoir Rhyne's Football Program really needed to be rebuilt they turned to a former D1 Coach and turn it around he did. Welcome to the SAC Football Conference and wish you the best on everyday Saturday but one per year!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X