Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC / First Game Predictions

First Game Predictions.

Lots of interesting matchups in the SAC for week one. What's some of your predictions?

Four games that Thursday.
    Barton and Carson-Newman win in blowouts over Chowan and Virginia-Lynchburg.
    Tusculum gets the brakes beat off them against Kennesaw
    Limestone loses to UWG. Close early, Wolves pull away late to win by 17+

Saturday
    Wise, Erskine, L-R, E&H, Catawba and Newberry all win. I am (without doing a deep dive) concerned for the Wolves this year. Losing Mario is a bigger deal than being let on.

Comment

Great topic btw Eagle!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Saturday
        Wise, Erskine, L-R, E&H, Catawba and Newberry all win. I am (without doing a deep dive) concerned for the Wolves this year. Losing Mario is a bigger deal than being let on.
        I agree with all of this. Interested in what you think about Newberry as well - them and Wingate are both losing a ton of talent.

Comment

Saturday
          Agree with all above.

Comment

High School Football starts here in NC on August 11 with scrimmage games and the start of the season on the 18th. My Bears should win on their way to a second straight State Championship. And, while I have no true expectations that my Saturday Bears (Lenoir Rhyne University) will be holding the trophy high in December, I do hope that they put it all together and win the SAC, get an invite to playoffs and show themselves to belong.

We have some really good players and excited to see them excel this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post

Agree with all above.
              I too agree with Canadarican's assessments.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                High School Football starts here in NC on August 11 with scrimmage games and the start of the season on the 18th. My Bears should win on their way to a second straight State Championship. And, while I have no true expectations that my Saturday Bears (Lenoir Rhyne University) will be holding the trophy high in December, I do hope that they put it all together and win the SAC, get an invite to playoffs and show themselves to belong.

We have some really good players and excited to see them excel this year.
                You may have said before...but Friday night bears being?

Comment

Side question, what do any of you North Carolina guys think of the NCHSAA expanding out to 7A?

Comment

At this point, with what is happening in the NC General Assembly, NO ONE knows what and who will be making the decisions about high school football. We had a good system that went a long way with curing some size problems when we had a 1A/1AA, etc through 4A/4AA for football. Now who knows.

Almost this insane right wing legislature is intent on getting all "education" money into the hands of charter schools, many owed by for profit entities, which comes down to nothing more than legal segregation.

At a time when high school football is beginning to really excel, politics of worse kind is attempting to take over. A state that has had a rich and well deserved reputation of being a leader in education. NC is well on its way to the bottom of the education barrel because of this Legislature's actions.

Comment

Interesting, a lot of high achieving Charter school's (in NC) enrolments are predominantly made up of African American students. In North Carolina, like other states, Charter schools academic achievement and test scores now surpass public institutions, and the gap is steadily growing.

Giving ALL families the choice between their children attending a low performing public school or a higher performing charter school, at the same cost per student to the state is clearly a good thing. That's why the charter school enrollment numbers are rapidly growing.
                      Last edited by Eagle74; 08-03-2023, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Maybe the only time I'll like one of Eagle's posts. Charter Schools are good because they help at least raise the quality of education for some of our lowest performing school districts by removing red tape from the state board of ed. Should the GA do more? (especially with teacher pay) absolutely, 110% yes, but calling charter schools "legal segregation" is very disingenuous.

It's true that charter schools tend to shy away from fielding football teams (I can only think of Lake Norman Charter that even has a team), but it's not like we're going to end up in some system where charter schools have flooded the market and only one school in a county has a football team. The decision to go to 7A has nothing to do with charter schools.

Comment

Side question, what do any of you North Carolina guys think of the NCHSAA expanding out to 7A?
                          Still not the right fix. The state overacted in 2002 when they went to the 8 state champions for football, granted the old system was flawed as ranked teams were missing the playoffs. They got it halfway right going back to 4 champions here recently, but way too many schools make the playoffs. 6 divisions with 32 teams in each division is what I believe is the perfect scenario for the state. I also believe they need to kick the charter and private schools out of the public school playoffs and make them go and have fun running through the private school playoffs. Schools like Charlotte Catholic and Cardinal Gibbons have an unfair advantage with their ability to actively recruit.

Comment

Those Charlotte Private / Religious schools are sending lots of talent to Division 1 colleges. I know that Charlotte Catholic and Charlotte Christian have pretty nice facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Still not the right fix. The state overacted in 2002 when they went to the 8 state champions for football, granted the old system was flawed as ranked teams were missing the playoffs. They got it halfway right going back to 4 champions here recently, but way too many schools make the playoffs. 6 divisions with 32 teams in each division is what I believe is the perfect scenario for the state. I also believe they need to kick the charter and private schools out of the public school playoffs and make them go and have fun running through the private school playoffs. Schools like Charlotte Catholic and Cardinal Gibbons have an unfair advantage with their ability to actively recruit.
                              Some of the public schools do a wee bit of that too....how the heck else did Independence stay so dominant for a decade ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X