Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberry Vs. Shippensburg

Half- Newberry 7- Shippensburg 7
    Newberry defense is playing lights out, holding Shippensburg offense to just 27 total yards in the first half.

Crazy ending. Shipp was furious because a Newberry defender kicked the ball while waiting for the ref to reset it. Took probably 7 or 8 seconds off the clock.

Comment

Final- Newberry 14- Shippensburg 10
      Newberry defense put on a clinic only giving up 141 yards of offense. Gotta clean up the penalties (Over 100 yards in penalties hurt us).

Comment

Strong day by Newberry’s defense. Shippensburg scored on a pick 6 and hit a FG after a blocked punt in Wolves territory. They barely passed the 50 all day.

If you watched the game, the offense should of scored 20+ points easy maybe even 30+, but a very undisciplined performance negated any chance of doing so. With 100 yards of penalties you should lose the game.

Comment

Nice game. I was impressed by Newberry's defense. Ship starting two freshman and a sophomore on the o-line against a defense that featured eight players who either were seniors or grad students starting didn't figure to work out too well for the Raiders, especially when the freshman center sailed one snap over the QB's head and was high on several others before he was mercifully taken out. Newberry showed excellent gap discipline and good play in the secondary.

I was not all that impressed by Newberry's offense. They were big, but didn't look particularly explosive. Yeah, they made a lot of mistakes, but Ship's young defense pretty well stuffed their running game much of the time. I know that's where Newberry lost a lot of their players from last season, and I think they'll have to pick it up quite a bit to do well in the SAC if it's half the conference I think it is. Remember that Ship is picked to finish sixth in the PSAC's eight-team Eastern Division, so this is hardly an epic win for Newberry. IUP will beat the Raiders by 35-40 in a couple of weeks if they play like they did today.

It was fun to play an opponent from out of the region. Good luck to Newberry and the SAC for the rest of the yer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X