Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs CN

Ahhhh the old Wine and Cheese bowl. Hoping this becomes more of a rivalry soon because I love to hate on Carson-Newman ;)

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    Ahhhh the old Wine and Cheese bowl. Hoping this becomes more of a rivalry soon because I love to hate on Carson-Newman ;)
    Yeah...wasn't a rivalry until about 2016 or so ;)

Comment

LR may forgive Micheal for that comment maybe by the end of the world. Maybe ha.

Comment

If Ferguson is the QB at the start, game will be over by the half.

Comment

I never take a CN team for granted. When they were year end and year out one of the best teams in the country and we were average we had some close games but always lost. It started changing after thirty years in 2010 or 11 I think. We both went to the po in the same year a couple times and that really created some great games. I personally pull for CN in other games that don’t have LR as the opponent. They set the standard standard for several years and I respected that with envy. We as in several old alumni made a decision to bring in some real talent in our AD our head coach with great assistants. We also started raising money for recruiting and better facilities. Its been a fun and rewarding 12 years and I feel like we are in position to have many more great years.

Comment

Carson-Newman football is a shell of its former self unfortunately. Went from one of the most potent offenses on the planet to an offense that can't score against meaningful competition. We have a new offensive coordinator, but it looks like the same offense they've been trying to run the last few years - we call it spread 3 and out. Carson-Newman was once a top brand in D2 football, with some of the top facilities in D2 - but mistakes made by administration in lack of succession planning and poor hiring decisions have led us to where we are. And the problem I see is that no one seems to have any desire to fix it - heck most alumni are too concerned with what's going on in Knoxville on Saturdays.

I see no bright future for the football program unless total and complete overhauls are made and the desire to win returns. I get it they were spoiled with Coach Sparks; they basically were a machine and didn't really need to invest in the program or think about it too much. Honestly, I feel like decisions have been made based on the least expensive route.

You can have a program built on bedrock Christian principles and win - you don't have to choose, and it's been done before.

So, I don't see CN being a threat this weekend to LR.

Comment

A little history for you. Its 1983 and CN has a great team again. LR is at CN and starting the fourth quarter its 21-0 CN. Bears score two touchdowns to make it 21-16. Last play of the game LR scores again to win the game but hold on folks the the refs confir and decide he didn’t score. CN goes on to win the NAIA championship. Films confirm LR scored and a CN player who was on that defense and later was working for LR confirmed LR was the winner. Had CN lost that game they would not have made the playoffs. Crazy how things can play out sometimes.

Comment

Well, the Bears rode the Eagles hard giving CN another D2 loss in a game that was no where close to what the final score reflects. 🤫

Comment

That fumble when CN was down 14-7 near end of the 1st half, LR got points sucked. Eagles had a chance to get back into it with that 4 hour 3rd quarter drive but came away with zilch. That was tough too.

Comment

I will say this about LR.....they might have one of the 2 or 3 best uniforms in the SAC. Style, Colors, font, layout, etc.

Comment

Hard hitting game and we started a different qb for the first time this season. Thought he played very well and made some good decisions. I cannot figure out our offense in the second half though. Two games now we have a total of three points in the second half. Somebody needs to find out why that is and change the game plan. No excuses.

Comment

Offensive play calling has been and is just horrible. This is the fourth year and Jacobs has a really hard time figuring out who should be the QB and, worst yet, stays with an offensive coordinator that is just horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                          Offensive play calling has been and is just horrible. This is the fourth year and Jacobs has a really hard time figuring out who should be the QB and, worst yet, stays with an offensive coordinator that is just horrible.
                          I feel like this is just a recycled post from the past two seasons. We’ve got a new QB in there who finally has some potential - give him this game and Wise to feel out the offense and I’ll be very confident headed down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                            I cannot figure out our offense in the second half though.
                            The play calling and personnel changes made (especially late in the 3rd and 4th quarters) were probably made out of pure compassion of a completely overwhelmed opponent (kind of like what Limestone did last week). Who knows, maybe Newberry's coaching staff may get a memo in reference to next Saturday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

The play calling and personnel changes made (especially late in the 3rd and 4th quarters) were probably made out of pure compassion of a completely overwhelmed opponent (kind of like what Limestone did last week). Who knows, maybe Newberry's coaching staff may get a memo in reference to next Saturday's game.
                              Carson-Newman could very well beat Newberry next week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X