Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Football- Developmental Season

Hello Fellow SAC Fans

Really awesome inside look at the making of a college football team. We are excited about Division 2 SAC Football coming to the Electric City!!!! Take a look at "Leading The Charge" Episode 1.

https://youtu.be/vqf2FWSdMIc?si=--8p56Lj_mnCnxqH

Welcome to SAC football and I enjoyed the video. Lamb was hc at Furman I believe and definitely will get the AU program going in the right direction. Hopefully you guys can build a stadium before you start hosting games. I didn’t see any seating for the visitors side.

Comment

Really nice production and thanks for sharing. Welcome to the SAC and good luck.

Comment

That is a great video. Anderson is doing this startup the right way. Expect them to be competitive and successful sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
          Welcome to SAC football and I enjoyed the video. Lamb was hc at Furman I believe and definitely will get the AU program going in the right direction. Hopefully you guys can build a stadium before you start hosting games. I didn’t see any seating for the visitors side.
          Drove through campus yesterday actually. They have already added 2000 seats since those videos to the home stands (erector set) and are in the process of grading the ground on the visitors side for 1000 additional seats. Its going to be a nice enough stadium. I walked through the football facility with one of the coaches I go to church with a few weeks back. It is top of the line!

Comment

A little report; Anderson had 5k at the Homecoming Black and Gold Game. Filled up its new stadium. Visitor bleachers have been installed for you guys wondering. About 3500 on the home side , and 1,000 on the visitor side. Have a hill for general admission as well.

As far as the product, I was very impressed with the defense. Some great looking athletes with terrific speed. They clearly have the upper hand as it relates to talent on the roster. Word from some of the people in the program says Coach Lamb and staff are already aggressively hitting the transfer portal looking for some guys on the OL and DL and judging from today hopefully an older Quarterback.

Comment

https://youtu.be/qQppQmoq_Kk?si=5jvsHF62Eet3_dO4

AU has released Part 2 of its documentary! Great stuff here.

Comment

https://youtu.be/YxhOwgzUIA0?si=VvZrXM53eAfsxhno

Part 4. Anderson had about 4k at their spring game. 17 transfers were on the spring game roster including the QB. I havent watched a lot of SAC football but I look forward to seeing these guys against some good competition this fall!

Comment

Interesting, the video states that the Anderson spring game was the highest attended (4,000) game ever in SAC history of any sport. Wrong 😏

Comment

Maybe they meant highest attended spring game in SAC history. I wouldn’t have a clue about that statistic.

Comment

I don't remember any school keeping attendance stats for any spring games. However, of they're the first to actually count their attendance, well then I guess it can be the largest. So, there you go. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        I don't remember any school keeping attendance stats for any spring games. However, of they're the first to actually count their attendance, well then I guess it can be the largest. So, there you go. 😉
                        Thats not what it said. The Homecoming Fall Scrimmage had 6400 people. 3800 attended the spring game on March 23.

Anderson/ Anderson County is a bigger area than most small college football towns. I'd imagine they'll be toward the top of the SAC in attendance annually.

Comment

I like Anderson (the city and the school) and I imagine they'll quickly be competitive on the field and in the stands. But as Eagle knows, there is only one king of SAC attendance, and he lives in Hickory ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AUsuperfan2024 View Post

Thats not what it said. The Homecoming Fall Scrimmage had 6400 people. 3800 attended the spring game on March 23.

Anderson/ Anderson County is a bigger area than most small college football towns. I'd imagine they'll be toward the top of the SAC in attendance annually.
                            Did you guy's borrow LR's attendance counter for that Fall Scrimmage?

You do know those numbers will change once you start charging to attend.
                            Last edited by Eagle74; 04-12-2024, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AUsuperfan2024 View Post

I see that you guys start off against NAIA St Andrews College that are 1-20 over the past two years. The losses were on average by 40+ points, so you guys should be favored.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X