Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Year for the SAC?

Can Lenoir Rhyne possibly achieve what no other SAC team has ever done in history, and win the NCAA Division 2 Football Championship? 🏈 🏆

After soooo many years, and a couple of close calls in the past, wouldn't it be great for the SAC to have a team finally bring home the elusive championship crown.

Best of luck Bears!!!!

Theoretically if they make the playoffs the have a chance...but nah. I don't think so. Especially based on what I've seen from the GSC, MIAA, GLIAC, RMAC and NSIC this year.

Comment

I agree with both above post, and while I might dream that, there is little to no chance of that happening this year. A. our best receiver is down; B. while our running game is good, sometimes very good, it is not Championship quality. Having said that, on the other side is WE HAVE, finally, the QB that could make it happen. Maybe. There is that dream again.

Comment

It’s been a while since I posted. Really enjoy reading everyone’s posts and analysis. Chuck Bitner is nothing short of excellent and always great to see Canadrican’s rankings. Nice to see the banter and comradely from everyone. Great question Eagle74 and I am a true homer, it would be great to see the Bears get it done and if not us, any other team in the SAC. I still enjoy watching old reruns of CN’s team when the almost pulled it off.

Comment

Man I would love to see that happen. I think the team has enough talent to get a win or two, but we’re still a year away from Natty contention. Remember that basically everybody will be eligible to return next year. The same defense, running game, and now passing game we’ve had for since Jacobs all as experienced seniors could be world beating. We’re dangerous now, we’ll be deadly next season.

Comment

LR has had a couple teams that could have won the National Championship 2014 and 2019. The play calling in our po game cost us in 2014. Kyle Duggar not playing against WFla in 2019 kept us out that year. So 14,19,24 could be our best chance if we fill in a few positions and have some depth created for platooning players during the games. We have three games that are essential for us to get home field advantage this year. A one or two seed and I think we play at least two playoff games. Semi finals would be a great achievement this year or any year for that matter. Only time will tell and it’s a ticking Bear Time right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              LR has had a couple teams that could have won the National Championship 2014 and 2019. The play calling in our po game cost us in 2014. Kyle Duggar not playing against WFla in 2019 kept us out that year. So 14,19,24 could be our best chance if we fill in a few positions and have some depth created for platooning players during the games. We have three games that are essential for us to get home field advantage this year. A one or two seed and I think we play at least two playoff games. Semi finals would be a great achievement this year or any year for that matter. Only time will tell and it’s a ticking Bear Time right now.
              I will die on the hill that if Kyle Dugger plays that we win the national championship in 2019, heck we almost beat the runaway national champion UWF even without him!

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

I will die on the hill that if Kyle Dugger plays that we win the national championship in 2019, heck we almost beat the runaway national champion UWF even without him!
                Wasn't Jaquan Artis out of that game as well? SAC Defensive Player of the year. With both of them playing, LR would have won. They also got a bad illegal formation call on their last drive that killed a big gain and wiped out their momentum.

Don't get me started about 2014 - best D2 defense in the country squandered by one of the worst days of offensive playcalling I've ever seen. LR beat the crap out of Valdosta State that day in every way except on the scoreboard. Which of course is the only thing that matters.

Comment

This could be the year. As always, and for all national championship contenders, the keys are (1) stay healthy, and (2) execute well both offensively and defensively. If the Bears do these each week throughout the playoffs, they're a legit contender regardless of who lines up on the other side. Ya gotta stay healthy and ya gotta execute well.

Mule out.
                  Last edited by Mule; 10-27-2023, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Well said. On any given Saturday anything's possible in college football. Just ask the guys that played on the 2007 Appalachian State team.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                      Man I would love to see that happen. I think the team has enough talent to get a win or two, but we’re still a year away from Natty contention. Remember that basically everybody will be eligible to return next year. The same defense, running game, and now passing game we’ve had for since Jacobs all as experienced seniors could be world beating. We’re dangerous now, we’ll be deadly next season.
                      LOL! How many years in a row are we going to say “we’re still a year away”. Y’all have been saying that since Cronic left in 2019. It’s time to accept a Mike jacobs coached LR team will not win a natty… no matter how much support their cult fan base gives or how much money is donated

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X