Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR v Tusculum, the SAC Bowl!

LR heads up the mountain to East Tennessee to compete with the Pioneers in the second, and last, annual SAC bowl championship game. Tusculum has had an up and down season with success against Wingate and Mars Hill, but disappointing defeats to Emory and Henry, Barton, and Virginia State. The Pioneers, as has always been the case, can beat and lose to anybody in the conference on any given week. LR, on the other hand, has been mostly consistent this season once Jalen Ferguson was inserted into the starting lineup at QB. The Bears bring a defense which is top 10 in the country and an offense with a rebooted passing game.

Massey has set the lines at LR -13 and the O/U at 47.

For my money, I'm taking LR to win outright, TU to cover, and the under to hit. Defense travels.

Yall realize Ferguson has a better completion percentage that White did last year, but White averaged more yards per pass and nearly 50 more yards passing per game? I was surprised by that.

Comment

Does any Bear Fans know anything about the status of Ferguson for this game?
      White's numbers, as stated by Canadarican, may be surprising but sitting in the stands one quickly realizes there is absolutely no comparison between the two. Kind of like me being in the batting cage at my prime and Mickey Mantle on his worse day. He was still better by a factor of 10, 20, 500... Just no comparison. That being said with no disrespect to Sean White, just a matter of fact.

With Ferguson, LR has a chance to win several more games, not so much with White or any other player in an LR uniform right now.

Comment

Think LR is good to go with any of there Qbs. Probably the best one of the lot has been injured with a bad back but could now play. He is a very talented player and great passer. Hope he gets a chance to prove his hype out of high school. I think White has what it takes to take us to the regional championship.

Comment

Great win for the Bears. Bad Tusculum showed up today combined with a pissed off Bears team. Think that gives the Bears 8? Or 9 SAC titles now?

Comment

Ok Mr C I will see you Saturday for the LR game. Once I have more information I will let you know where we can meet before the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X