Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post
    Benedict still gaming the system.

Play one or two of LR, Wingate, Newberry, NGU, Valdosta in OOC games. I’m sure they’d all be happy to take that game. Prove you belong.
    I get the point youre trying to make...but

Why on earth would you put Newberry in that list lol

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Historically Newberry and NGU are pretty good football teams. Even in a down year I think they both beat Benedict.

Comment

Plus they are both within a hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

Historically Newberry and NGU are pretty good football teams. Even in a down year I think they both beat Benedict.
          Most years yeah probably. This year IDK. I agree that I am not sold on Benedict, especially after the way Wingate smacked them LY. But the Wolves are no Bueno. Lucky to even win 4 games TY. Crusaders went .500 in a deadly league and are better than the record has indicated sinxe moving to the GSC. I think NGU beats them probably. Not Newberry. Not that it matters but Massey says Benedict beats both.

As far as historically that's a different conversation. But everyone's definition of historical is different. I personally don't consider someone below .500 all time and 2 or 3 playoff berths to be a historically good program.

But I'll admit I'm very conservative with my usage of the definition.
          Last edited by canadarican; 11-14-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Most years yeah probably. This year IDK. I agree that I am not sold on Benedict, especially after the way Wingate smacked them LY. But the Wolves are no Bueno. Lucky to even win 4 games TY. Crusaders went .500 in a deadly league and are better than the record has indicated sinxe moving to the GSC. I think NGU beats them probably. Not Newberry. Not that it matters but Massey says Benedict beats both.

As far as historically that's a different conversation. But everyone's definition of historical is different. I personally don't consider someone below .500 all time and 2 or 3 playoff berths to be a historically good program.

But I'll admit I'm very conservative with my usage of the definition.
            Plus, talking historically and not this year alone, the nod likely goes to the Wolves. Even though I believe NGU is better than their record states this year.

Todd Knight: 93-65

Jeff Farrington: 52-57

(per Wiki, can’t confirm accuracy)

Comment

NGU would run Benedict off the field. Huge difference between a 5-5 team from the GSC and a 10-0 team from the SIAC. No intention to disrespect, but in that matchup I'd put money on NGU every day of week and twice on Sunday. Probably same with this year's Newberry team against Benedict. If Benedict were playing a Gulf South or SAC schedule they'd likely be 2-8 or 4-6 respectively.

The winner of the LR-Shep game will leave Columbia SC the following week looking forward to a spot in the SR2 championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
                NGU would run Benedict off the field. Huge difference between a 5-5 team from the GSC and a 10-0 team from the SIAC. No intention to disrespect, but in that matchup I'd put money on NGU every day of week and twice on Sunday. Probably same with this year's Newberry team against Benedict. If Benedict were playing a Gulf South or SAC schedule they'd likely be 2-8 or 4-6 respectively.

The winner of the LR-Shep game will leave Columbia SC the following week looking forward to a spot in the SR2 championship.
                I would not with Newberry. They weren't good this year. lucky to even win four games. NGU absolutely.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X