Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CN looking for a coach

Looks like CN is out of a head football coach. Was only there three years I think as head coach. Any ideas on a replacement and why he was fired. Hopefully he can find a good landing spot soon. Eagles have had their hands full ever since Sparks left. Sure they will get the program headed in the right direction in the near future.

Yep, new times!! I understand that Coach George Quarles (former ETSU head coach) may be in the running.

If a lot of the pieces fall into place, the 'Carson Newman Eagles' could again be back as one of the top echelon SAC Football Programs in the very near future.

Comment

Gardner Webb coach just went to ETSU so lots of changes going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        Gardner Webb coach just went to ETSU so lots of changes going on.
        Well, Maybe Coach Clowney will land on his feet somewhere.

Comment

D2 is better when Carson-Newman is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
            D2 is better when Carson-Newman is winning.
            No doubt about it!

Comment

Hard pass on Quarles.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                Hard pass on Quarles.
                Well the Eagles $$$ Boosters need to really step up to help sweeten the pot if there's any chance of luring an experienced head coach away from another D2 school. Right now the total (all in) pay for a Carson Newman Head Coach position is a little over 50k a year. Really don't want to see the program just settling to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Well the Eagles $$$ Boosters need to really step up to help sweeten the pot if there's any chance of luring an experienced head coach away from another D2 school. Right now the total (all in) pay for a Carson Newman Head Coach position is a little over 50k a year. Really don't want to see the program just settling to fill the void.
                  If true, that’s shockingly low. Pretty sure Jacobs makes at least 3 times that.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

If true, that’s shockingly low. Pretty sure Jacobs makes at least 3 times that.
                    LR Head Coach was compensated right at 119k last year.

Comment

All in all, I believe Coach McKeethan (presently on the CN coaching staff) may be a good option. Lots of high level experience, including recruiting.
                      Last edited by Eagle74; 12-01-2023, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Wish Coach Clowney well, but honestly he should’ve never been named head coach. Pope is on the hot seat, the search to replace Turner was a dumpster fire and Clowney was the easy button.

Find the right coach, let him bring his own staff, and pay the man.

Comment

[QUOTE=CNCEagle97

Find the right coach. [/QUOTE]

I agree, and the clock is ticking. Signing day will be here before you know it. Also, the transfer portal will need to be evaluated for opportunities.

Comment

In my opinion, Carson Newman's Football Program has been both blessed and cursed under the shadows of being such an overall program of excellence under the past guidance of former Coach Ken Sparks. That past overall level of excellence produced success on and off the field.

Coach Spark's football philosophy wasn't driving by the desire of fame, potential wealth, or ego, far from it. His goals were guided from the love of the game and his genuine desires to have players succeed on and off the field. He took players and helped mold them into better men / citizens.

I hope Carson Newman's next Head Coach is too guided by the love of the game, and the desire of having players fully respected on and off the field. This while they attend and represent CN, and after their playing days are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                              In my opinion, Carson Newman's Football Program has been both blessed and cursed under the shadows of being such an overall program of excellence under the past guidance of former Coach Ken Sparks. That past overall level of excellence produced success on and off the field.

Coach Spark's football philosophy wasn't driving by the desire of fame, potential wealth, or ego, far from it. His goals were guided from the love of the game and his genuine desires to have players succeed on and off the field. He took players and helped mold them into better men / citizens.

I hope Carson Newman's next Head Coach is too guided by the love of the game, and the desire of having players fully respected on and off the field. This while they attend and represent CN, and after their playing days are over.
                              That really sounds great.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X