Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pembroke had an 8 point lead with 40 seconds left in regulation. Missed 5 free throws, Catawba storms back and sends it to OT. Pembroke then has a 4 point lead with a minute and change in OT. 4 missed free throws and 2 turnovers later they are going home. What a crazy win for Catawba.

Men's 2nd Rd
    1 N Georgia vs 4 Catawba
    7 Emmanuel vs 6 Lander

Womens Reg Final
    2 Carson-Newman vs 5 GA Southwestern

Comment

Catawba girls get ran

Catawba boys win

Comment

UNG Lander in Men's final
        C-N falls in womens final. GSW was on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by LRBearsfan View Post
          I had a a chance to see the Daniel twins from Central Cabarrus High School play this week a couple of times in the regional and state championship games, both have signed with Catawba. Really good guards that will be great additions for that team, wish they were coming to LR!
          Yeah, Coach Baker turned Central Cabarrus into a juggernaut, granted I don't think they'll be able to keep up quite that high of a level next year with the entire starting 5 graduating.

That being said the twins going to Catawba is the first thing that's made me interested in going out there to see a game in years.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            C-N falls in womens final.
            Falls is being polite. That game turned into a blowout by GSW!! Didn't expect that to happen, but the good news is that next season will be here before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Falls is being polite. That game turned into a blowout by GSW!! Didn't expect that to happen, but the good news is that next season will be here before you know it.
              It was a game until about the 4 minute mark in the 4th. Eagles kept getting it down to 6-8 points and then would have 2.5 minutes of no scoring. GSW also shot the lights out, nearly 54 or 55% from 3 is outrageous. Tough to win when a team shoots nearly 22% above season average.

Comment

Catawba beats UNCp but then looses to SE Region champion North Ga. Heck of a season for both Catawba Men and Women... Now lets hope we can hang on to both staffs.

Really intrigued to see who LR hires!

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatU View Post
                  Catawba beats UNCp but then looses to SE Region champion North Ga. Heck of a season for both Catawba Men and Women... Now lets hope we can hang on to both staffs.

Unfortunately, that seems like it could easily be an issue if both programs are continuously successful. The administration is notoriously cheap when it comes to pay (not even talking about just athletics here) and add that in with their, um, distaste for athletics and it seems like greener pastures could have quite the allure if both of those staffs keep it up.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they stay and things improve on the other side, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatU View Post

Yep, Catawba had a good season, but after eaking that OT win over UNCP, and then the beatdown North Georgia gave the Indians, it just proved that both the Catawba and UNCP teams really couldn't compete head to head with North Georgia this year. However, winning conference championships is a nice accomplishment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X