Clear All

Jon Ross committed to Utah State

Comment

Originally posted by SACgrad View Post
      Jon Ross committed to Utah State
      Congrats to him! Aggies got a dude!

Comment

Originally posted by FootballCoach View Post
        D2 - 36 equivalency's. (Can be broken up however the coaches want. Only top players receive full rides. The majority owe at least the Stafford loan of $5,500 per year. Combines Academic and need based scholarship with athletic scholarship). No roster limit.
        you really think grand valley or Ferris don’t have a 50-60 guys on a full ride?

naia also has a grade point that allows them not to count against the max. If a returner has above 3.5, they call it exception.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

naia also has a grade point that allows them not to count against the max. If a returner has above 3.5, they call it exception.
          I said equivalency’s. Sorry you can’t read. You can have tons of guys on full rides if your school packages well. It is all based on the schools financial aid. If the cost is 10 grand to go to a school after academic and need based money then your athletic scholarship goes a lot further than if it costs 30 grand. That’s why public schools have an easier time.
          Last edited by FootballCoach; 05-17-2024, 06:08 AM.

Comment

It's been 15 years since Grand Valley made it to the finals and around 18 years since they won the D2 Championship. So, if they have 50-60 players on free rides, they may need to look at making some coaching changes. 😉

Comment

I said equivalency’s. Sorry you can’t read. You can have tons of guys on full rides if your school packages well. It is all based on the schools financial aid. If the cost is 10 grand to go to a school after academic and need based money then your athletic scholarship goes a lot further than if it costs 30 grand. That’s why public schools have an easier time.
              But you said "only top players" receive a full ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

It's been 15 years since Grand Valley made it to the finals and around 18 years since they won the D2 Championship. So, if they have 50-60 players on free rides, they may need to look at making some coaching changes. 😉
                Here are the last handful of schools that have played in the championship and haven't moved up to D2. I estimated when West Florida won, they had almost 75 full ride kids. I'm guessing Mines is close to 70 scholarships.

All have Multiple tutition Rates
                Colorado Mines https://finaid.mines.edu/cost-of-att...undergraduate/
                Ferris State https://www.ferris.edu/administratio...tion-rates.htm
                Harding All over the places
                Minnesota State–Mankato https://www.mnsu.edu/university-life...tion-and-fees/
                Northwest Missouri State https://www.nwmissouri.edu/studentac...ionandfees.htm
                Valdosta State https://www.valdosta.edu/administrat...e-schedule.pdf
                West Florida https://uwf.edu/admissions/undergrad...ial-aid/costs/

Comment

But you said "only top players" receive a full ride.
                  Fair enough. I guess that was a generalization. Definitely at private schools. Depends how well the schools package financially and tuition costs.

Comment

Offers
                    Jon Ross Maye - Kansas State, Coastal Carolina, UTEP, Buffalo, WKU, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, Utah State, Tennessee State, Missouri State, EKU, WCU, GWU, Stony Brook, Samford, Hampton
                    DJ Taylor - Findlay, Delta State, Mars Hill, Alabama A&M, Tiffin, Limestone, Allen, Texas Southern, Alcorn State, Benedict, Johnson C Smith
                    Luke Gilbertson - Fairmont State, Concord, Bluefield State, Emory & Henry, Kentucky Wesleyan
                    Jusean Parks - Newberry, Garden City (Juco), Concord
                    Will Montgomery - Elizabeth City State, Fayetteville State, Concord
                    Malachi Howell - Stetson

Committed
                    Xavier Jennings - Mercer
                    C'Darius Kelley - Wake Forest
                    Ryan Frans - Valdosta State
                    Toney Black - Washburn
                    Dwayne Mcgee - Mercer
                    Kelin Parsons - Mercer
                    Joel Hunt - Elizabeth City State
                    Malachi Sumner - Virginia Union

no offers: Jeremiah Penick
                    McGee unable to transfer to Mercer because of grades is what I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      Yet, this would be his 4th year at LR? 🧐

Comment

Are you truly so upset that no one cares about being in the LR HOF that you continue to make up lies and bash former players for playing elsewhere? Jon Ross and now Dwayne. Get a life

Comment

Are you truly so upset that no one cares about being in the LR HOF that you continue to make up lies and bash former players for playing elsewhere? Jon Ross and now Dwayne. Get a life
                          Your obviously the one upset for some reason. Dewayne apparently didn’t keep his grades up the last semester and was unable to transfer to Mercer. This I heard from a football coach. As a football coach you know how players sometimes drop off on their grades. I personally like Dewayne and had several good conversations with him over the years. Had a great relationship with JR and especially his parents as well. They know that I was just upset over him not staying and all is well. Hopefully all goes well with the new coaches.

Comment

Your obviously the one upset for some reason. Dewayne apparently didn’t keep his grades up the last semester and was unable to transfer to Mercer. This I heard from a football coach. As a football coach you know how players sometimes drop off on their grades. I personally like Dewayne and had several good conversations with him over the years. Had a great relationship with JR and especially his parents as well. They know that I was just upset over him not staying and all is well. Hopefully all goes well with the new coaches.
                            Well you obviously don't know "Dewayne" too well since you can't even spell his name correctly. Am I upset? No. I am annoyed that you continue to get on here and bash/spread false information about 22 year old kids that are trying to better their situations simply because you are upset. Fans like you is why there is no loyalty in college football anymore. Coaches and players leave as soon as they have a chance at something better because they know fans and admin will throw them under the bus as soon as something goes wrong. The "what have you done for me lately?" mentality is what is ruining this great sport. Phillip Fulmer is one of the all time greatest examples of this.

Long story short, I suggest fact checking your information before posting it online. I'm tired of your opinions, and fake news being stated as fact.

Comment

Well you obviously don't know "Dewayne" too well since you can't even spell his name correctly. Am I upset? No. I am annoyed that you continue to get on here and bash/spread false information about 22 year old kids that are trying to better their situations simply because you are upset. Fans like you is why there is no loyalty in college football anymore. Coaches and players leave as soon as they have a chance at something better because they know fans and admin will throw them under the bus as soon as something goes wrong. The "what have you done for me lately?" mentality is what is ruining this great sport. Phillip Fulmer is one of the all time greatest examples of this.

Long story short, I suggest fact checking your information before posting it online. I'm tired of your opinions, and fake news being stated as fact.
                              Was wondering how do you spell your name? This board is for opinions and rumors and information you can respond to so maybe you should just take a break from here or just leave completely. One thing I do know is you don’t know everything like you think you do.

Comment

Was wondering how do you spell your name? This board is for opinions and rumors and information you can respond to so maybe you should just take a break from here or just leave completely. One thing I do know is you don’t know everything like you think you do.
                                I have no problem with opinions. Even though I disagree with 99% of what BearFan1 has to say, I have no issue with him because he states everything as an opinion. Not a fact. I never have claimed to know everything but I do know a lot about the topics I comment on

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X