Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Football Stadium

Since starting football up Allen has played all over the Columbia Metro Area including using Benedict's stadium and high school stadiums in Columbia, Irmo, and Blythewood. It looks like now they will venture into building their own stadium as they have bought land to build an athletic complex a little under 3 miles from their campus. Personally I think Allen would be better served using money to grow their actual campus and academics; however, I will say they appear to be all in on athletics.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/07/13/a...r-new-stadium/

McNealey was honored by the SIAC on Wednesday afternoon as a hall of fame inductee. He oversaw a similar transition at Stillman College in Alabama before coming to Columbia, SC in 2017. Just before they ran into financial problems and they cut all their athletic staff and teams to start from scratch in the NAIA.

This guy is a menace. HBCUs just got a get out of debt card from the Trump administration/Congress, but continue to be plagued by poor management.

Comment

When Allen issued a press release about it back when it happened, I remembered them saying they hoped to have the new stadium in time for fall 2024... It's now March, and I haven't heard a single peep since then. Have they even broken ground there, or is this just in developmental purgatory now? Anyone close to the situation know?

Comment

Looks like they have other issues to deal with right now.

Allen, Benedict dining halls face SC health department woes ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X