X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harding vs Ferris predictions

Ferris by more than 5

Comment

1995 FSU (12-0) @ UNA (12-0) Final 7-45... I was there for this semi final D2 game. Good game until midway 2cnd quarter.

Comment

Re: Harding vs Ferris predictions

Think the weather will play a major role with the score.. Bulldogs will pull it out either way, but if it's another windy/snow/rain day, Harding will stay within 10. If we have a day like we had at Fort Hays, I think it'll be 2 touchdowns or more. Penalties will definitely have to be cleaned up on the Ferris side, Harding doesn't look like they beat themselves. Interesting to see how they play that fullback. If they can control him with the front 4, next team up.

Comment

The Harding offense may be the best way to keep Seiler from taking over a game. It will be interesting to see what Ferris does to keep him involved.

Comment

While I hope that Harding wins (gotta root for a 7 seed underdog), Ferris has to be the favorite. I saw both teams play last season in Maryville, and I was more impressed with Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
              While I hope that Harding wins (gotta root for a 7 seed underdog), Ferris has to be the favorite. I saw both teams play last season in Maryville, and I was more impressed with Ferris.
              Well... I was impressed with NW last year and they weren't all that great this year. Not sure there's just a really strong correlation. Especially with a gimpy Bell.

Comment

I'm not betting against Harding at this point. Bisons 35-24

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                    Well... I was impressed with NW last year and they weren't all that great this year. Not sure there's just a really strong correlation. Especially with a gimpy Bell.
                    Ferris returned almost their entire starting units from last year (18). Bell was Gimpy last year. We have a very capable backup QB who keeps getting better since his first start against Ashland. Yesterday the Bulldogs dismantled the MIAA Champs despite 165 yards in penalties. Late in the 4th the score was 37-7 until refs took a TD away on a bogus call.
                    1995 FSU (12-0) @ UNA (12-0) Final 7-45... I was there for this semi final D2 game. Good game until midway 2cnd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                      Ferris returned almost their entire starting units from last year (18). Bell was Gimpy last year. We have a very capable backup QB who keeps getting better since his first start against Ashland. Yesterday the Bulldogs dismantled the MIAA Champs despite 165 yards in penalties. Late in the 4th the score was 37-7 until refs took a TD away on a bogus call.
                      Actually the call was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                        Great! For sure a formidable opponent, no doubt. Don't forget what HU did to that GLIAC champ..

I'm pumped we've made it where we have. Been a remarkable turnaround after dropping first 3. I think we'll be in the mix. We'll see how we stack up

Comment

This is a tough one to call. The HU defense is better than I remember it being in years past, and that Offense is designed to take the defenses best player out of the play more often than not. That said, Ferris is absolutely fantastic up front on both sides of the ball.

Both teams have made PO runs recently.

I want Harding to win, but it's a tossup, imo.

Harding 27, Ferris 24

Comment

Something to keep in mind, is that Ferris' head coach used Harding's offense when he was a high school head coach and built one of the most dominant programs in the state using it. So he knows how to coach it, which means he probably knows how to defend it.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                              Something to keep in mind, is that Ferris' head coach used Harding's offense when he was a high school head coach and built one of the most dominant programs in the state using it. So he knows how to coach it, which means he probably knows how to defend it.
                              Great point. Also, TA actually ran this out of the pistol when he first got to Ferris with Vander Laan so he definitely should have a leg up on defending it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X