Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Haha I thought about that post when I saw the score. That and the one where he talked about how good the twos and threes even looked...

Here is the real question. Is the SWOSU offense that good, or is UAM that bad on defense?
    UAM defense that bad.

Comment

Forty nine

Comment

yall heard about UAM defense?

Comment

UAM is not a good team

Comment

Been chewing that crow for a couple of days, looking for the bright side. Yes, it is the sun coming up these last two morning. I was there, again, watching a meltdown because of a lack of preparation. That term not only means being ready for what might come from the opponent, but also having the right personnel and scheme in place. Fundamentally, if you don't know what to expect (new coach, new scheme from SWOSU) then you play some base defensive sets with discipline and see what they plan to do........Instead, we had terrible discipline defensively with respect to assignment responsibility and execution. Too many individuals, not enough "team" which allowed SWOSU to hit 6 TD passes. Five were busted assignment, one was great throw. Which ironically enough, was a great play by the corner but just an inch away. Of the busted assignments, I attribute 2 to players and 3 to design. I believe Drago can be a above average DC, he needs someone else that understands the back-end to make it all work. And he is not getting that currently. It was painfully obvious and the SWOSU staff was licking their chops. Hell, I was licking my chops....... Typically, the biggest improvement of a season is between week 1 and week 2 so here's to the Weevils seeing that trend continue.

Offensively, Sears looked good. We found a second back and the WR were competent. The WR group is just game reps away from being very good as a group. There were several times, actually a lot of times, that the receiver didn't see the same thing that the QB did. That will be a big growth point for the Weevils. OL has a ways to go, although better than past years with respect to rotation and not dropping off.

SWOSU will be a challenge this year for midrange teams and could be in the top half if they stay healthy. Good scheme offensively, just don't know if they have the horses after people see it for a few weeks. Defensively, they aren't going to get away with that style on the road.

Will be interested in the GAC official review of play in the 4th where SWOSU was awarded a 40+ yd TD with a personal foul on a downfield block. Instead of calling it back and assessing a penalty, they signaled TD and assessed a 15 yd penalty against SWOSU on the kickoff. Since their mics weren't working, no one could hear the explanation, or lack thereof of the call. Will be interested to hear the official statement.

Carry On.......

#GoWeevils
            #EatEmUp

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
              Been chewing that crow for a couple of days, looking for the bright side. Yes, it is the sun coming up these last two morning. I was there, again, watching a meltdown because of a lack of preparation. That term not only means being ready for what might come from the opponent, but also having the right personnel and scheme in place. Fundamentally, if you don't know what to expect (new coach, new scheme from SWOSU) then you play some base defensive sets with discipline and see what they plan to do........Instead, we had terrible discipline defensively with respect to assignment responsibility and execution. Too many individuals, not enough "team" which allowed SWOSU to hit 6 TD passes. Five were busted assignment, one was great throw. Which ironically enough, was a great play by the corner but just an inch away. Of the busted assignments, I attribute 2 to players and 3 to design. I believe Drago can be a above average DC, he needs someone else that understands the back-end to make it all work. And he is not getting that currently. It was painfully obvious and the SWOSU staff was licking their chops. Hell, I was licking my chops....... Typically, the biggest improvement of a season is between week 1 and week 2 so here's to the Weevils seeing that trend continue.

Offensively, Sears looked good. We found a second back and the WR were competent. The WR group is just game reps away from being very good as a group. There were several times, actually a lot of times, that the receiver didn't see the same thing that the QB did. That will be a big growth point for the Weevils. OL has a ways to go, although better than past years with respect to rotation and not dropping off.

SWOSU will be a challenge this year for midrange teams and could be in the top half if they stay healthy. Good scheme offensively, just don't know if they have the horses after people see it for a few weeks. Defensively, they aren't going to get away with that style on the road.

Will be interested in the GAC official review of play in the 4th where SWOSU was awarded a 40+ yd TD with a personal foul on a downfield block. Instead of calling it back and assessing a penalty, they signaled TD and assessed a 15 yd penalty against SWOSU on the kickoff. Since their mics weren't working, no one could hear the explanation, or lack thereof of the call. Will be interested to hear the official statement.

Carry On.......

#GoWeevils
              #EatEmUp
              *7 TD Passes

Freeman threw for 7 TD passes. Tied a GAC record. Don't shortchange the kid

Comment

*7 TD Passes

At least now our boys won't underestimate them.

Comment

*7 TD Passes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X