Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBU vs NWOSU

If our freshman QB was nervous, he did a good job of hiding it. Great that he has a plattoon of talent to ease him into the season. Our defense played outstanding during most of the first half. I think the heat and a little bit of complacency beat our defense during the final minutes of first half and it carried over into the second half. Overall I was impressed with our QB and the defense looks like they will without any doubt be a better unit this year. The QB and the defense had a question mark coming into this game. I feel really good about both!!! FINISHEMPTY
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 08-30-2018, 08:47 PM.

Re: OBU vs NWOSU

Hats off to Ouachita, they ran and passed all over our defense. Over 450 yds against, when you take out the 3 kneel downs. With all the hype around town about the improvement on defense they laid an egg. You'd think with a defense that finally has experience, depth, and some top talent they'd be far better than they showed. Truth be told if this is what we get, they aren't any better than 2-3 years ago when we had the excuse of being young with no depth. We were never in this game. Offense sputtered out of the gate and never really got going, not good with so many starters returning. Poor play calling. Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Racous Ranger View Post
      Hats off to Ouachita, they ran and passed all over our defense. Over 450 yds against, when you take out the 3 kneel downs. With all the hype around town about the improvement on defense they laid an egg. You'd think with a defense that finally has experience, depth, and some top talent they'd be far better than they showed. Truth be told if this is what we get, they aren't any better than 2-3 years ago when we had the excuse of being young with no depth. We were never in this game. Offense sputtered out of the gate and never really got going, not good with so many starters returning. Poor play calling. Very disappointing.
      We were dog tired in the second half. You guys should have been more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
        If our freshman QB was nervous, he did a good job of hiding it. Great that he has a plattoon of talent to ease him into the season. Our defense played outstanding during most of the first half. I think the heat and a little bit of complacency beat our defense during the final minutes of first half and it carried over into the second half. Overall I was impressed with our QB and the defense looks like they will without any doubt be a better unit this year. The QB and the defense had a question mark coming into this game. I feel really good about both!!! FINISHEMPTY
        Well, but you didn't shut out your open like SAU did though. ;) Congrats on the first win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
          Well, but you didn't shut out your open like SAU did though. ;) Congrats on the first win.
          Enjoy this win, .you have the so called Goliath next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
            Enjoy this win, .you have the so called Goliath next week.
            I know right? I'm looking forward to the next 3 or 4 weeks after that.

Comment

Fred, did most of the rushing yards OBU gave up come at the end of the game or did they have some success the whole second half? 215 quite a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                Fred, did most of the rushing yards OBU gave up come at the end of the game or did they have some success the whole second half? 215 quite a few.
                Pretty decent success most of the game. They had several drives running no huddle runs, just wore the defense out. Wonder if the heat played a role for both defenses. Was about 100 at kickoff. Would have expected to be good against the run bad against the pass. It was flipped. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                  Pretty decent success most of the game. They had several drives running no huddle runs, just wore the defense out. Wonder if the heat played a role for both defenses. Was about 100 at kickoff. Would have expected to be good against the run bad against the pass. It was flipped. Odd.

Interesting. I know OBU will play us well on defense. Usually have pretty good plan for triple. But that may hurt at some point in year besides against us if run D is sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                    Interesting. I know OBU will play us well on defense. Usually have pretty good plan for triple. But that may hurt at some point in year besides against us if run D is sketchy.
                    Like against us! Our run game impressed me last night!! Of course we knew our pass game would be good but we had nice run plays on 1st down for good gains!!

Comment

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
                      Like against us! Our run game impressed me last night!! Of course we knew our pass game would be good but we had nice run plays on 1st down for good gains!!

Comment

I hate to admit it but I am as well

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
                          I hate to admit it but I am as well
                          My husband and I are getting ready to watch the SAU/ATU game from last night, so I'm hoping I might feel a little better after that... I'm definitely curious to see what we'll be up against. Glad we have a little over a week to prepare!

Comment

Having now watched the game, I would say Jay Derby has put together a good plan for his QB. It was the typical Ouachita run attack, combined with more of a short to intermediate passing game. Brazeal clearly is more of a game manager than playmaker. That will work, as long as the offensive playmakers stay healthy. OBUGrad hit the nail on the head about the defense flipping. It looked like the defense was much better than last year against the pass. However, the fact that NWOSU could rush for an average of 5.2 yards per carry and 3 rushing TDs--that could very well bite the Tigers this season. We will see.

NWOSU looked out of sorts. They squandered some opportunities that would have given them a chance to make this game closer, even possibly win it. The fact is the Rangers, like last year, dug themselves into too big a hole early and then had to climb out of it to make the game look respectable.

Comment

I'm hoping the run defense was just an off night. Hosting SWOSU at home will be a good opportunity to tune up before the trip to Durant

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X