Re: Midseason Thoughts

Comment

Comment

+1

Comment

I've already pointed out that I believe Ouachita has improved on defense compared to the past three years.

The point I have consistently stated about the OBU defense is that, as it currently plays, it is not capable of propelling the Tigers to a deep playoff run. My assesstment is based upon a combination of years watching D2 football, seeing what kind of defenses helped teams make deep PO runs in the tougher regions and watching five-and-a-half of Ouachita's games this season. No offense to TigerGuy, but that OBU-ECU game was over with at halftime and I had better things to do than continue to watch a slaughter.

As Divisiontwo stated, I watch all GAC games or I try to watch all GAC games each week. It helps to put the stats in perspective. It's why I have the views I do on each of the top 4 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post
              Also, how in the world would anyone know how our O would have performed had our starting QB not went down. Yes, early both Os were feeling each other out. But to say nothing would have been different is insane. Thats all speculation which means absolutely nothing.
              I never said nothing would have been different. I said I don't think anybody could conclude that the offense would have fared better with Brazeal playing the whole game based on what had happened in the game up to that point. I even stated that it was a small sample, but it was a sample, and the only one we had to work with from an analytical viewpoint. I also based my statement on the fact that the OBU offense with Brazeal at the helm has struggled the past few weeks, after having a strong start to the season, and how consistently dominating the HU defense has been this season.

Comment

Curious to see what OK team will finish ahead of the other OK teams. My money is on SE OK.

Comment

Bigworm I got your message. Can't reply back for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                    I've already pointed out that I believe Ouachita has improved on defense compared to the past three years.

The point I have consistently stated about the OBU defense is that, as it currently plays, it is not capable of propelling the Tigers to a deep playoff run. My assesstment is based upon a combination of years watching D2 football, seeing what kind of defenses helped teams make deep PO runs in the tougher regions and watching five-and-a-half of Ouachita's games this season. No offense to TigerGuy, but that OBU-ECU game was over with at halftime and I had better things to do than continue to watch a slaughter.

As Divisiontwo stated, I watch all GAC games or I try to watch all GAC games each week. It helps to put the stats in perspective. It's why I have the views I do on each of the top 4 teams.
                    I respect your unbiased observations sir and agree with you. But I have to somewhat disagree about sau. I think the fact that they are learning that they can run the ball vs all the the fancy passing plays will bode well in the 2nd half of the season. I believe it will actually benefit Renner in the passing game where he doesn't have to win every game throwing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                      Curious to see what OK team will finish ahead of the other OK teams. My money is on SE OK.
                      I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

None taken. I stopped watching myself.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X