Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl game news

The Mineral Water Bowl (played in Excelsior Springs, MO) is no longer affiliated with the MIAA: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1054834358396248064.

Saw it mentioned on the LSC board, and confirmed it, the Heart of Texas Bowl has moved from Copperas Cove to Waco. You can see a little bit of the stadium where the game will now be played, here: https://www.heartoftexasbowl.com/stadium.

Re: Bowl game news

The HOT bowl will have an LSC and a "Nationally ranked team" not in PO's? That's what I read. Has the HOT Bowl always had a nationally ranked team in the past plying?

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
      The HOT bowl will have an LSC and a "Nationally ranked team" not in PO's? That's what I read. Has the HOT Bowl always had a nationally ranked team in the past plying?
      In the past it has been an at-large team, generally chosen from either the GAC or the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
        In the past it has been an at-large team, generally chosen from either the GAC or the MIAA.
        That's what I was thinking. Could be an enjoyable game. Good teams getting an opportunity to extend their season isn't that bad, at least that's my feelings about it.

Comment

I think you could continue to see more bowl games on the D2 level. I think alot of people enjoy watching a non conference game.

Comment

I enjoy the bowl games and have been going to the Mineral Water Bowl for years It looks like to me the team from the NSIC will be the winner of the St. Cloud- MSU Moorhead game as neither team has played in the Bowl game. Winona State could make it in if they win and there's a tie in the other game. I can't wait to see the other team the get and where they come from as I think there would be a lot to teams that would like to be there.

Comment

Very curious to see if Arkansas ever decides to host a bowl game. Either a place like Bentonville/Fayetteville or go ahead and use a stadium in Little Rock somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                Very curious to see if Arkansas ever decides to host a bowl game. Either a place like Bentonville/Fayetteville or go ahead and use a stadium in Little Rock somewhere.
                It's not that simple. For the Agent Barry Live United Bowl in Texarkana, AR it takes local money, a supportive community, and a whole bunch of volunteers. The bowl is in it's 6th year and working hard to make the experience even better for the student athletes who participate and their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Gentleman View Post
                  It's not that simple. For the Agent Barry Live United Bowl in Texarkana, AR it takes local money, a supportive community, and a whole bunch of volunteers. The bowl is in it's 6th year and working hard to make the experience even better for the student athletes who participate and their fans.
                  Of course it does, but there is money to be made.

Comment

Corsicana Bowl has re-opened for a possible GAC at-large berth: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1060190073579360258

Comment

Originally posted by Water Bowl Fan View Post
                      I enjoy the bowl games and have been going to the Mineral Water Bowl for years It looks like to me the team from the NSIC will be the winner of the St. Cloud- MSU Moorhead game as neither team has played in the Bowl game. Winona State could make it in if they win and there's a tie in the other game. I can't wait to see the other team the get and where they come from as I think there would be a lot to teams that would like to be there.
                      Missouri S&T could be a possibility, from what some on the MIAA board were suggesting. Odd that the MWB no longer has the MIAA tie-in, though that's no guarantee the MIAA won't be represented in Excelsior Springs.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                        Corsicana Bowl has re-opened for a possible GAC at-large berth: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1060190073579360258
                        Some GAC teams don't need to go bowling, shoot everyone is 5-5 right now or below except 3 teams. GAC will probably get two playoff spots and one will get a bowl game. No reason to have more bowl games for the GAC this year.

Comment

Thing is any program that gets a chance to go to a bowl game will take it. It is to big for recruiting and the extra practice time for younger players to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                            Thing is any program that gets a chance to go to a bowl game will take it. It is to big for recruiting and the extra practice time for younger players to pass up.
                            Yeah it definitely comes with some real benefits

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                              You would think so, but teams have declined their invitations in the recent past.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X