Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bowl game news

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    You would think so, but teams have declined their invitations in the recent past.
    You are right. There have also been votes where the players narrowly approved going. It isn't a sure thing.

Comment

You would think so, but teams have declined their invitations in the recent past.
      Playing in bowl games does hurt in recruiting in that it is hard for the staff to get out and about. Especially when you have 3 weeks after your last regular season game.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
        Playing in bowl games does hurt in recruiting in that it is hard for the staff to get out and about. Especially when you have 3 weeks after your last regular season game.
        You also have 3 more weeks of practice for young players though. Get the Freshman and Soph some reps. Almost like another spring practice.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
          You also have 3 more weeks of practice for young players though. Get the Freshman and Soph some reps. Almost like another spring practice.
          Yep. Lots of teams over the past 10 years or so have used winning a bowl game to help propel them to the playoffs the next year.

Comment

Yep. Lots of teams over the past 10 years or so have used winning a bowl game to help propel them to the playoffs the next year.
            After the Mineral Water Bowl move to D2 teams I would guess that about 75% of the winning teams have made the playoffs the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Water Bowl Fan View Post
              After the Mineral Water Bowl move to D2 teams I would guess that about 75% of the winning teams have made the playoffs the next year.
              That sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                Some GAC teams don't need to go bowling, shoot everyone is 5-5 right now or below except 3 teams. GAC will probably get two playoff spots and one will get a bowl game. No reason to have more bowl games for the GAC this year.
                still feel that way?

Comment

The Mineral Water Bowl Committee has announced the teams to participate in the 53rd Mineral Water Bowl game to be held Saturday December 1st, 2018 at Tiger Stadium in Excelsior Springs MO. Kickoff is schedule for 12:00pm (Noon). The Minnesota State University Moorhead Dragons (Moorhead MN) 8-3 tied for 3rd in the NSIC Conference vs the Missouri S & T Miners (Rolla MO) 9-2, 2nd place in the GLVC Conference

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
                    still feel that way?
                    Kinda do, waiting for the official announcement. I know SAU will get a bowl game, but will the Weevil's get invited? Unless I have already missed an announcement it's still up in the air.

Comment

still feel that way?
                      OOPPS MY BAD. Congrats on the Bowl Bid, hopefully you guys will represent the GAC well. Please also make plans to attend the game, and talk to your fellow fans as well.

Comment

OOPPS MY BAD. Congrats on the Bowl Bid, hopefully you guys will represent the GAC well. Please also make plans to attend the game, and talk to your fellow fans as well.
                        We will be there, as well as many that I've already talked to. This is big for us and I really think it will be a great turnout.

Comment

We will be there, as well as many that I've already talked to. This is big for us and I really think it will be a great turnout.
                          Yeah, hopefully your right! This is a historical event for UAM, they don't see much post season play.

Comment

over in the MIAA forum, they are saying UCO and Angelo State in the HOT bowl.......did y'all turn down an invite?

Comment

over in the MIAA forum, they are saying UCO and Angelo State in the HOT bowl.......did y'all turn down an invite?
                              No, we will be headed to the bowl in Texarkana. We will travel well, and it's only an hour away. So you have your Magnolia, El Dorado, and Texarkana Alumn right there. As well as short drive from Central Arkansas.

Comment

No, we will be headed to the bowl in Texarkana. We will travel well, and it's only an hour away. So you have your Magnolia, El Dorado, and Texarkana Alumn right there. As well as short drive from Central Arkansas.

Good Luck!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X