Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible coaching change ---

I remember the turnaround job he did at Kutztown, including leading Kutztown to their first PSAC title in 2011 before taking the ATU job. The Arkansas side of the GAC seems to be stepping up their game between Ouachita, Harding, SAU and even a Henderson State team which struggled (by their standards) this season. UAM even seems to be showing signs of life for the first time in a while. ATU is going to have their work cut out for them.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      I remember the turnaround job he did at Kutztown, including leading Kutztown to their first PSAC title in 2011 before taking the ATU job. The Arkansas side of the GAC seems to be stepping up their game between Ouachita, Harding, SAU and even a Henderson State team which struggled (by their standards) this season. UAM even seems to be showing signs of life for the first time in a while. ATU is going to have their work cut out for them.
      I think SAU could take a dip, coaching staff is fair and we lose our QB and star receivers this year. I am nervous next year.

Comment

Got to figure Cooley at Delta State would be interested in going back home?
        Last edited by Flatlander; 11-12-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

May not be only the head coach as well. These changes tend to effect the entire staff as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander View Post
            Got to figure Cooley at Delta State would be interested in going back home?

Comment

His alma mater is a member of the NAIA. I'm sure he isn't planning to stay at that level. Bethel Univ is not a destination job.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                His alma mater is a member of the NAIA. I'm sure he isn't planning to stay at that level. Bethel Univ is not a destination job.

Comment

I didn't say Tech was a destination job. I'm saying it's a step up in level and gives him a chance to display that RPO for bigger and better openings down the road. I'm willing to bet if they offer him the job, he will accept.

Comment

For once I agree with Harding posters........This opening should bring in a great hire. The talent cupboard isn't bare and it should be pretty easy to recruit to Russellville.

Comment

Regardless, I think with the history of good football teams at Arkansas Tech, the new coach will have pressure on him. In my opinion a school like Henderson State, or Tech is a tougher job. Just from tradition and fan expectations. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Harding is similar to like a BYU aspect in the coaching side.

Comment

I wouldn't quite call it a "Destination Job" but at this level, the right coach can win really big there IMO.

Tech should go get a proven commodity, they have the ability to do that. They also have the ability to outbid just about every school in our league, not that that is the route they are going to take, but just pointing it out.

Also congrats Fred, you've got a great team and you won the avatar bet fair and square. (Although I'm fairly confident I would have if we had just punched it in from the 2-yard line on the first play of the 4th quarter :wink:)

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
                          I wouldn't quite call it a "Destination Job" but at this level, the right coach can win really big there IMO.

Tech should go get a proven commodity, they have the ability to do that. They also have the ability to outbid just about every school in our league, not that that is the route they are going to take, but just pointing it out.

Also congrats Fred, you've got a great team and you won the avatar bet fair and square. (Although I'm fairly confident I would have if we had just punched it in from the 2-yard line on the first play of the 4th quarter :wink:)
                          You can change it back only if we don't win it all!!!! So get used to wearing buddy!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X