Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 poll

GAC well represented this week in the polls, as all the top teams (3 way tie for 2nd in standings) are in the poll!!

OBU (7-0) - #5
    HU (6-1) - #18
    HSU (6-1) - t#23
    SAU (6-1) - RV

Looks pretty good. I think it looks about right except Harding is probably more like 12-15 or so.

Comment

Massive BOTR game looming on the horizon. Potential for a Top-15 or so HSU team taking on a Top-5 OBU team if everything breaks right for both squads.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
        Massive BOTR game looming on the horizon. Potential for a Top-15 or so HSU team taking on a Top-5 OBU team if everything breaks right for both squads.
        Will it be a record year for the Battle of the Ravine? Hate it's at OBU this year, as their stadium won't hold as many.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Will it be a record year for the Battle of the Ravine? Hate it's at OBU this year, as their stadium won't hold as many.
          Sorry record year in attendance I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Sorry record year in attendance I mean.
            The 2014 season had an attendance at Henderson State of 12,228. Going into the BOTR, HSU had a lone loss to HU. HU had one loss to OBU (in OT) and OBU was undefeated.
            The talent was really good that year.

Kiehl Frazier was OBU's QB, along with Steven Kenner at RB and Drew White at WR.

Kevin Rodgers was HSU's QB and had 2 WR's with Davis and Snapp, along with Rodney Bryson at RB .

HU had a very talented Keenan Kellett for QB and Donatella Luckett as WR, along with Romo Westbrook at RB

The BOTR would determine if all 3 teams mentioned, would be 1 loss teams. OBU won the game and was a #1 seed in SR3 for the PO's. HU was the Last seeded team in the region to get in.

I don't think we wil see a bigger crowd than that year, however I think it will surpass 10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

The 2014 season had an attendance at Henderson State of 12,228. Going into the BOTR, HSU had a lone loss to HU. HU had one loss to OBU (in OT) and OBU was undefeated.
              The talent was really good that year.

Kiehl Frazier was OBU's QB, along with Steven Kenner at RB and Drew White at WR.

Kevin Rodgers was HSU's QB and had 2 WR's with Davis and Snapp, along with Rodney Bryson at RB .

HU had a very talented Keenan Kellett for QB and Donatella Luckett as WR, along with Romo Westbrook at RB

The BOTR would determine if all 3 teams mentioned, would be 1 loss teams. OBU won the game and was a #1 seed in SR3 for the PO's. HU was the Last seeded team in the region to get in.

I don't think we wil see a bigger crowd than that year, however I think it will surpass 10,000.
              I haven't had my coffee this morning. Yeah I think your right it won't pass 12,228. Maybe Top 5 in attendance with good weather? I can't find a nice list of previous year attendance numbers

Comment

BOTR usually hovers around 10k not quite hitting it. I think we'll be somewhere between 10-12k this year

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
                  BOTR usually hovers around 10k not quite hitting it. I think we'll be somewhere between 10-12k this year
                  According to the box score on HSU's website, attendance last year was 10,600+

If it was 10,000 last year I think it could easily be over 12K this season. Definitely hurts attendance-wise that it's at OBU's stadium. The bowl at HSU can fit significantly more people. Starts to feel like a cramped high school game big-time when you've got people standing all around the sidelines at OBU because that visitor's seating area is so small.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

According to the box score on HSU's website, attendance last year was 10,600+

If it was 10,000 last year I think it could easily be over 12K this season. Definitely hurts attendance-wise that it's at OBU's stadium. The bowl at HSU can fit significantly more people. Starts to feel like a cramped high school game big-time when you've got people standing all around the sidelines at OBU because that visitor's seating area is so small.
                    I was at the game last year...there were not 10,000 plus. Lots of people, but not that many

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X