Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 S&P+

Side note...... we might get an HU OBU rematch in playoffs.

https://on.ncaa.com/1024d2fb2

Comment

As a refresher, here are the bracket changes mentioned in the article Divisiontwo posted:
      https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Initiative.pdf

Comment

So I know y'all would love to play OBU again for the revenge factor, but legitimate question here. Would you rather play a team that's not used to playing the option in early rounds, or would you rather just have OBU as quick as possible?

Comment

Is that the guy for ESPN that said Missouri S&T was underrated and should be at #15?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Is that the guy for ESPN that said Missouri S&T was underrated and should be at #15?
            Yes...well he has them at 19 now.

Only thing I'm worried about right now is regional rankings anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
              So I know y'all would love to play OBU again for the revenge factor, but legitimate question here. Would you rather play a team that's not used to playing the option in early rounds, or would you rather just have OBU as quick as possible?

Comment

Whenever a HU/OBU rematch occurs it would be a great thing to see, but reality is we (the GAC supporters) want to see as many of our teams play as far into the the playoffs as possibly. THEN we can have a rematch!

Also I would love to see the GAC have 3 teams in the playoffs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post
                  Whenever a HU/OBU rematch occurs it would be a great thing to see, but reality is we (the GAC supporters) want to see as many of our teams play as far into the the playoffs as possibly. THEN we can have a rematch!

Also I would love to see the GAC have 3 teams in the playoffs this year.

Comment

I certainly get that. I'd be interesting to see what the players think. Would they be bent on revenge or be more fun to play someone they don't see every year? Or they don't care they just want to play?

Who knows, long way to go before we have to start worrying about this. I for one, would be surprised if we see it in the first round, but no real way to know.

Comment

First-round rematches are actually less likely under the new system, except when the teams are isolated from everyone else, which isn't the case here. The new rules actively discourage rematches, which wasn't the case before.

Comment

In a way I understand a desire to see our rivals not win, but in the playoffs I want MY team to win and see our conference be successful too. In the end I want the Bisons to win but would'nt it be great to have two GAC teams reach the regional finals? Maybe I am uniquely different but here is an example.

I've been a St. Louis Cardinals fan since childhood. I want them to succeed. They made the playoffs but lost in four straight NLCS games to the Washington Nationals. I loved the fact that St Louis, Washington and Houston were three of the four final teams fighting for the World Series. I live 3 miles from Roger Dean Stadium, the Spring Training home of the Cardinals. Six miles to the south of my home is the Fit Team Ballpark, Spring Training home of both Washington and Houston. The winner of the World Series will have a Palm Beach County feel to it. That will bring recognition to the Fit Team Ballpark, to our county and next spring should help with our local economy. Can't you imagine the signage at Fit Team Ballpark with boast that BOTH of the WS teams are playing at at that stadium? If Washington wins the WS I can say my Cardinals lost in the NLCS to the eventual champions. If Houston wins it will still be a benefit to my region, though I'll not have the "bragging rights/attachment rights" to a Houston win as I would to a Washington win. That is the same type of feeling I have with having our GAC teams move as far as possible into the playoffs.

When the Arkansas teams were in the Gulf South we were a bit snickered upon as not being up to speed and not as good as the GSC teams in general. I'm sure the Oklahoma GAC teams might have felt the same when they were in the LSC. Now Harding and OBU are in the national conversation each year when talking about strong teams in D2. Have HSU or SAU join in that conversation, or have 2-3 teams move deep into the playoffs and it will be "who's laughing at the GAC now?"

Let me say it again.... I LOVE my BISONS and want them to go as far as often as they can into the playoffs. But I also feel that other teams in the GAC make us look good and help us improve as a conference. I actually wish our other teams well when they beat us and move on into the playoffs. A few years ago HSU and SAU baseball would go deep in the playoffs - Go Reddies and Go Muleriders. Women's Basketball in the playoffs by SWOSU and ATU got my support, once they beat my Lady Bisons. Maybe I'm weird but "what's good for the goose is good for the gander." I hope that makes sense, or at least helps to show my thinking/reasoning process.

I conclude with "Go Bisons"

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          First-round rematches are actually less likely under the new system, except when the teams are isolated from everyone else, which isn't the case here. The new rules actively discourage rematches, which wasn't the case before.
                          That's a good point. Harding is easily in driving distance for the MO or Kansas schools. Even Texas if they send them out of region to facilitate travel.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

That's a good point. Harding is easily in driving distance for the MO or Kansas schools. Even Texas if they send them out of region to facilitate travel.
                            One of my brackets a few weeks ago even had them going to West Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

One of my brackets a few weeks ago even had them going to West Florida.
                              That would require the NCAA putting them on a plane. I thought they were doing everything possible to avoid that?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X