Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSU/A-State merger!!!

Henderson name and mascot will be retained, but the possible benfits from being in the ASU system could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
      Henderson name and mascot will be retained, but the possible benfits from being in the ASU system could help.

Comment

So what are looking at? Arkansas State University at Arkadelphia? That's a mouthful.

Comment

Everything I have seen on Facebook and other places, a good amount of Henderson Alumni are POed. I think they have had some issue with the administration and their books.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
            Everything I have seen on Facebook and other places, a good amount of Henderson Alumni are POed. I think they have had some issue with the administration and their books.
            Ditto. Seen the same thing. Wonder if more info will eventually come out.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Ditto. Seen the same thing. Wonder if more info will eventually come out.
              I don't think this will hurt the overall student enrollment too much, but I am curious if they will grow much in the future. I would say right now they probably will stay about the same size for a good while. Just a feeling. OBU continues to grow as well as Harding. SAU is growing leaps and bounds, each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

I don't think this will hurt the overall student enrollment too much, but I am curious if they will grow much in the future. I would say right now they probably will stay about the same size for a good while. Just a feeling. OBU continues to grow as well as Harding. SAU is growing leaps and bounds, each year.
                Gonna take a while for OBU to grow to the point of catching those schools. Don't think they ever will. Also don't think they necessarily want to catch them. It would create tons of facility problems. Sitting at around 1,500-1,600 right now and I think they are pretty maxed out on housing.

It is going to be very interesting to look at Arkansas State University Henderson in 10 years to see if this was a positive or negative.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Gonna take a while for OBU to grow to the point of catching those schools. Don't think they ever will. Also don't think they necessarily want to catch them. It would create tons of facility problems. Sitting at around 1,500-1,600 right now and I think they are pretty maxed out on housing.

It is going to be very interesting to look at Arkansas State University Henderson in 10 years to see if this was a positive or negative.
                  I doubt very seriously the name changes if HSU is intent on keeping the Henderson State moniker. If ASU was going to demand HSU become ASU-Arkadelphia in order to join the system, they would do it right now. Doesn't make sense to let HSU keep the name for 10 years then go and demand they change it down the road.

Again, you don't have to look far to see very successful schools that are part of larger university systems but still maintain almost complete autonomy.

Tarleton State is about to jump to DI and is part of the Texas A&M system.
                  Angelo State is part of the Texas Tech system.
                  Sam Houston State is part of the Texas State system.

Outside of a name change, which seems very unlikely right now, the outside world isn't even going to be able to tell the difference in all likelihood. I said this before, but I would be willing to bet there will be more public universities in Arkansas that go this route in the next 10 years.

Comment

Oh I doubt the name changes too, but that doesn't stop me from now referring to it as Arkansas State University Henderson.

Heck it's a step up. I used to call it that place across the street.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

I doubt very seriously the name changes if HSU is intent on keeping the Henderson State moniker. If ASU was going to demand HSU become ASU-Arkadelphia in order to join the system, they would do it right now. Doesn't make sense to let HSU keep the name for 10 years then go and demand they change it down the road.

Again, you don't have to look far to see very successful schools that are part of larger university systems but still maintain almost complete autonomy.

Tarleton State is about to jump to DI and is part of the Texas A&M system.
                      Angelo State is part of the Texas Tech system.
                      Sam Houston State is part of the Texas State system.

Outside of a name change, which seems very unlikely right now, the outside world isn't even going to be able to tell the difference in all likelihood. I said this before, but I would be willing to bet there will be more public universities in Arkansas that go this route in the next 10 years.
                      Don't forget those are larger schools systems in Texas though. UAM is part of the U of A system, and probably wouldn't be where they are today without being in the system. I think it works for some schools. I am still glad SAU is independent and plans to be independent for the future.

Comment

Something to be said for being art of a larger system...TAMUC (Texas A&M University - Commerce) is benefitting tremendously from a CAPEX perspective of being part of the A&M system...lots of improvements around campus...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X