Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9- Showdown Weeks Begin for Top Teams

End of the regular season is just around the corner, with the top Arkansas schools all with 0-1 losses. Big time matches up ahead as Henderson, Ouachita, and Southern Arkansas are all about to play each other to determine the real leaderboard with UAM who could play spoiler. HU should have already sealed their fate baring an upset.

This weeks matchup has UAM vs Henderson and OBU vs SAU in El Dorado. Who you got and why?

Comment

Comment

Why? Because OBU has more ways to beat you than SAU and HSU can defend, because HSU has their offense rolling and can play defense when need to and, like it has been said already by Muleriders, SAU will be SAU in the last half of the regular season.

Comment

Is there a chance SAU was looking past seo?

Comment

I'm with you Old Bison... this is way things should settle out after it is all said and done. Once again Arkansas schools top the GAC with OKBU coming in the highest finishing Oklahoma school in 6th position.

Now comes the interesting part about regional rankings. Before the season ends the MIAA will have Central Misssouri facing NW Missouri. A NWM loss should bump them from the regional rankings. A CMU loss should shake up who finishes in the 7th position as both would stay in the regional rankings. If that is the case then Henderson State might be hanging on a thread if they finish 9-2. BUT what if HSA wins the BOTR? Now that will make for a shifting in the regional rankings and should make it VERY POSSIBLE for three GAC teams in the regional rankings at the end of the season.

Three more weeks to go. Things are looking interesting to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigworm View Post
              Is there a chance SAU was looking past seo?

Comment

This is a sincere question. Even though HU lost to OBU, do you feel they were capable of beating them?

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post

This is a sincere question. Even though HU lost to OBU, do you feel they were capable of beating them?
                  I mean it took a highly questionable PI call on FOURTH down and a 40+ yard game winning fg... I think we were and are capable

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

I mean it took a highly questionable PI call on FOURTH down and a 40+ yard game winning fg... I think we were and are capable
                    I agree 100%.

Comment

I also believe that any team that has zero or only 1 loss can beat any other team.

SAU will be tough for anybody they play.
                      OBU will be tough
                      HSU will also be tough.
                      HU will be tough too.

This is the 4th qtr. Teams staffed with younger players all year are now gaining experience and look to be improved since the 1st game of the season.

The last 3 weeks will have some really good games, as we have all been mentioning. There are no gimme games and I would not wager money on any game at this point. I have seen all the teams show signs of weakness or should we say, areas that could still be improved upon. There will be a game of the week in the GAC every week until regular season is over. To me and it's just my opinion. There does not seem to be much gap between the top 4 schools this year. This will actually make us better as a conference. So if yours or my team loses going forward in the regular season, it wil only bring the best to the playoffs. I can assure you each of the the coaches of the teams mentioned, are well aware of that.

So..... Let's get it on boys and girls and we will see who gets into the playoffs.

Good luck.
                      Last edited by Redready; 10-27-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                          UWF and then Valdosta State, it could be short PO run.
                          Not sure of course you guys go there, but I would love to go to the game at UWF. Beautiful there and it gives me another reason to head back to Florida this year.

Comment

Comment

Valdosta showed a tad sign of weakness this weekend. Dont count the Bizen out against valdosta if that were to happen. HU will be tough no matter the opponent.

I think the top 4 teams in the GAC can play with anyone in the country. But anytime you play a top level team, you cant make mistakes. All of us will have to play clean football to win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X