X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All GAC team

Here's the list for the All GAC team:
    https://greatamericanconference.com/...FB_ALL_GAC.pdf

My boy Jalen Carr should have been first team.
    1st Team CB's
    Keondre Evans - Tackles: 66 INT: 3 PBR: 14
    Aharon Barnes - Tackles: 44 INT: 0 PBR: 1

Jalen Carr - Tackles: 49 INT 7 PBR 9

Comment

I agree with you. Carr over Barnes.
      Plus, somehow the entire OBU roster made an ALL GAC team.
      My question is: How did UAM QB get Freshman of the Year over ECU QB?

Comment

The two big ones that stand out to me are:

1) Demilon Brown being named Freshman of the Year, but not making at least Honorable Mention. He only started started seven games but put up 1,059 yards passing and 9 TDs, along with 803 yards rushing and 5 TDs. At the pace he was going, he could probably of made 1,500 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing, along with a few more passing and rushing TDs, had he started the other fours games. But alas, we'll never know.

2) Don't understand how OKBU HC Chris Jensen didn't get Coach of the Year Award. That team has been steadily improving since joining D2. Last year they were 5-6. This year they went 7-4 & finished 5th--were predicted to finish 9th--and it was their first winning season in D2. Is COY about who did the best job coaching or is it about who wins the conference? If it's about the best job coaching then why, with the exception of 2015, is the GAC handing it out to the coach who wins the conference every year? In my view a coach who has exceeded expectations by a mile is more deserving of the award, than a coach who met expectations.

Comment

Dan Cocannouer won in 2015 and some posters felt Reddies coach should have won, because the Reddies won the conference. I supported the decision made that year, because of some of the same things mentioned above. If it was the coach who won the conference, then the name should be changed to "Coach Who won the Conference" or CWWC.

BTW in 2015 not only did the GAC give Dan the award, but so did AFCA and Oklahomasports.net.

Comment

Last edited by ReddieMade; 11-20-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
              The two big ones that stand out to me are:

1) Demilon Brown being named Freshman of the Year, but not making at least Honorable Mention. He only started started seven games but put up 1,059 yards passing and 9 TDs, along with 803 yards rushing and 5 TDs. At the pace he was going, he could probably of made 1,500 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing, along with a few more passing and rushing TDs, had he started the other fours games. But alas, we'll never know.

2) Don't understand how OKBU HC Chris Jensen didn't get Coach of the Year Award. That team has been steadily improving since joining D2. Last year they were 5-6. This year they went 7-4 & finished 5th--were predicted to finish 9th--and it was their first winning season in D2. Is COY about who did the best job coaching or is it about who wins the conference? If it's about the best job coaching then why, with the exception of 2015, is the GAC handing it out to the coach who wins the conference every year? In my view a coach who has exceeded expectations by a mile is more deserving of the award, than a coach who met expectations.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X