Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually a long term better move for a ad for assistant ad forfathletic communications. Gets same job with half the sports and a d1wonens gymnastics program. And prob more pay in a much bigger media market
    Last edited by the Northeasterner; 02-25-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      In addition tech is freaking out about the upcoming five year demographic crunch a bunch of schools going to suffer thru

Comment

Trust me Brandon he got out at right time. University president is cutting anything to do with firner AD.

In addition tech is freaking out about the upcoming five year demographic crunch a bunch of schools going to suffer thru
        Please, tell me more about what's happening at my school. It's nice to get an outsider's opinion.

Comment

There are some numbers showing substantial drop in college students for next few years . Demographic bubble higher tution costs. And other factors .

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Please, tell me more about what's happening at my school. It's nice to get an outsider's opinion.
            Not sure what tone is but I'm going to assume it's curiosity not anything else .

Since Dr Brown left .Every major administrator has been replaced . Mullins was last but the insecurity with ad situation has effected whole program. . Mullins was let go in August why wait almost 9months to try and hire a new one. Not a good deal.

There are other things that are being done with how contracts are being done . Just got people very nervous .

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Your school? Goodness. Im impressed.

Comment

Trust me Brandon he got out at right time. University president is cutting anything to do with firner AD.

And you probably will not. Would be nice to actually have some information included that is actually verifiable and relevant.

Since Dr Brown left .Every major administrator has been replaced . Mullins was last but the insecurity with ad situation has effected whole program. . Mullins was let go in August why wait almost 9months to try and hire a new one. Not a good deal.

There are other things that are being done with how contracts are being done . Just got people very nervous
                Ahh, more really good information... And verifiable too... Dr. Brown did retire in 2014...

Comment

Ahh bytor myold "buddy" . How are you. And what do you have to add to conversation or you just here to bust my chops?

Well enrollment numbers are good at atu sau and the community colleges this fall .but falling at
                  Us ucs and astate Henderson and uam . But it's a projection off upcoming numbers and it looks substantial . There seems to be a drop In Texas students enrolling in ark schools. Which has always been a major source of students . Plus a demographic dip and good economy means declining enrollment.
                  https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article...6277-4e16-add0

The atu stuff is not as verifible but just look at upper admin in last five years who is gone and still there . Universities don't change senior admins like that
                  . The Mullins dismissal was unusual and very hush hush for a long term AD and best coach in five decades . But there was a reason that had merit. But why wait 9 months to post the job? Sketchy

Back to original question. The drop off started under modica and had a lot to do with constant switching at o coordinator . Missed out on getting dearmon. Prob would have righted ship . I hate it I enjoyed a good road trip to Russ Vegas to watch a game .
                  ??

Comment

Ahh bytor myold "buddy" . How are you. And what do you have to add to conversation or you just here to bust my chops?
                    Nothing to add (see below),,,

Well enrollment numbers are good at atu sau and the community colleges this fall .but falling at
                    Us ucs and astate Henderson and uam . But it's a projection off upcoming numbers and it looks substantial . There seems to be a drop In Texas students enrolling in ark schools. Which has always been a major source of students . Plus a demographic dip and good economy means declining enrollment.
                    https://www.thv11.com/mobile/article...6277-4e16-add0

The atu stuff is not as verifible but just look at upper admin in last five years who is gone and still there . Universities don't change senior admins like that
                    . The Mullins dismissal was unusual and very hush hush for a long term AD and best coach in five decades . But there was a reason that had merit. But why wait 9 months to post the job? Sketchy
                    The article references birth rate and a possible 11% drop over the next decade for Arkansas schools (not sure about the other factors mentioned above).

The Mullins dismissal timing was unfortunate, but had nothing to do with a "senior admin" turnover. I think the real reason for the delay was two fold, based on the confidence in the interim AD chosen, and its hard to find an AD during the busy athletic school year. Based on my understanding, the Athletic Department has been running fine without Mullins thus far and should be fine for whomever does get the job.

Back to original question. The drop off started under modica and had a lot to do with constant switching at o coordinator . Missed out on getting dearmon. Prob would have righted ship . I hate it I enjoyed a good road trip to Russ Vegas to watch a game .
                    ??
                    Monica's last year was 3-8 (after Dearmon left to take a NAIA head coaching job, the previous year they were 8-4). I'm sure he was contacted about the opening after Monica was removed but declined. Since Monica left, ATU has had a head coach take the job, leave before coaching a game, the DC he brought with him went to the Miami Dolphins, and the OC brought in has become the HC. The OC brought in by the new HC has left and now the OC is the former receivers coach.

Turmoil and bad timing, you bet! Dropoff since Monica left (3-8 again last year), not so much.

Nobody is happy only winning three games (unless you are at NSU... I know, a cheap shot... ). I am hopefully optimistic.

Comment

Beside that 8-4 season what were previous years records. None much above .500. How many different o coordinator s .

This was the best program in Arkansas during the last ten years of the gsc. It has not been anywhere near those levels in a decade the drop off has been slowly coming for a while .

The Mullins dismissal was handled poorly and timed poorly. But I did not say this was a plot against Mullins . But the current president has replaced most of her major department heads in the last five years . And Mullins just happened to be last .

I also hope and wish the best for atu . In fact I'm hoping my son will be able to go there to pursue a degree that isn't at nsu . So I have no Ill will toward the institution. But I am not optimistic with current administration in place .

Comment

To put a perspective on the time gap between the announcement of an AD leaving until the posting of the job announcement on the NCAA job board. ATU is one of five schools currently seeking a new AD.

ATU announced Mullins immediate retirement on Aug 26, 2019 and posted on the job board on Feb 11, 2020, just a little more than 5 months time. Adams State AD announced on Jan 7, 2020 he will retire at end of the current semester with the opening posted on Feb 19, 2020, about 6 weeks time. Northeastern State announced on Nov 18, 2019 that their AD would leave on Jan 1, 2020 and the job was posted on Feb 18, 2020, that's 3 month time. Le Moyne College AD announced on Mar 26, 2019 that he would retire on Jun 30, 2019 with the opening posted on Feb 3, 2020, so nearly 11 months time. Missouri S&T AD announced on Sep 3, 2019 that he would retire at the end of the current school year with the job posted in Jan, 2020, a little more than 4 months time; this posting recently closed on the NCAA job board but is still active on linkedin.

The five months (not 9 months) ATU took to post the opening is not really that much of an outlier.
                        Last edited by Tech Boys; 02-29-2020, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Well that is a sound arguement . I think timetable is a still off because the administration knew about Mullins probably being out before August .

????My angle is that there were some issues with atu football before modica left esp on offense (except with dearmon tenure).

????But no doubt three coaches in a year the same time you loose your AD is not a great environment for success

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X