Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could be done to get more fans to come to games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could be done to get more fans to come to games?

What could be done? Could schools work on fan experience? Give away tickets to boys and girls club kids? Give tickets to schools for a lower attended game? Offer more food selections at games? I am curious what could be done to get schools to fill stadiums.

Re: What could be done to get more fans to come to games?

Have Division I football players go on strike.

Serious answer: win games, and connect to the community. There has to be a reason that people attend HS games en masse but not small college games.
    Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Serious answer: win games, and connect to the community. There has to be a reason that people attend HS games en masse but not small college games.
      Because you have a lot of has beens at the games talking about that one game they had that one tackle in.

Comment

I know OU's schedule really hurts ECU's attendance at times.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I completely agree with the community association and wins. Here, the high school is as big as most D2 schools and has been very successful for the last 10 years (153-11 over that last 11 years). However, even before that and before building the new stadium, the games were packed because the high school was a integral part of the community. Friday nights the entire town would turn out to support the team, band, and all of the other kids that had a role in the game. With high school, I believe more people stay in the community than move off (or they leave and return). This is NOT the case with D2 schools. There has to be a constant community effort and you cannot depend on alumni staying in the area to support the football program.

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
          Because you have a lot of has beens at the games talking about that one game they had that one tackle in.
          This may be accurate as well, but I don't notice that here. Again, our town is not a small town (suburb of Dallas) and this may be more prevalent as smaller towns. All of my kids went to the high school (so far) and we have rarely missed a game in the last 26 years. At the games, we see our neighbors, friends and our children's friends and parents.

Not sure how to transfer this into the D2 level, but if the community feels an ownership of the team and the school, the attendance will improve.

Comment

Free beer. (I don't drink and I'm not being a smart aleck.)

Comment

What do your schools do before games now?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Play cornhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    We Mulegate. We may have some of the best tailgating in the GAC. We continue to grow with that as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X