5. Arkansas-Monticello
      6. Southeastern Oklahoma
      7. Northwestern Oklahoma
      8. Arkansas Tech
      9. Oklahoma Baptist
      10. Southwestern Oklahoma
      11. East Central
      12. Southern Nazarene
      Interesting preseason poll. Very curious who gave SAU a first place vote. As much as I want SAU to win, I really see them at 4th this year or maybe 5th. Henderson will be fighting for that 3rd or 2nd spot. Other than that, doesn't look too bad. ECU may be a darkhorse. We will see.

Comment

Re: 2019 GAC Preseason Poll

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
        Interesting preseason poll. Very curious who gave SAU a first place vote. As much as I want SAU to win, I really see them at 4th this year or maybe 5th. Henderson will be fighting for that 3rd or 2nd spot. Other than that, doesn't look too bad. ECU may be a darkhorse. We will see.

Comment

Unless there has been a change in the rules, coaches are not allowed to vote for their own team.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
              Unless there has been a change in the rules, coaches are not allowed to vote for their own team.
              Exactly. Your right Armo.

Comment

With all the off-season changes I do not expect Tech to challenge at the top but it is disappointing and a little surprising to see us that far down. I just hope we finish better than 8th.

Cheers to a fun and exciting season!

Comment

Oh my goodness. I have just realized Harding's schedule right now. Harding is going to have it tough early. 4 of the possible top 5 teams early. OBU and SAU on the road? Harding may be so much better than OBu, but I can't see them winning all of those games. Good news is if they can get trough all of that, they should be able to test and tune the rest of the season to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                    With all the off-season changes I do not expect Tech to challenge at the top but it is disappointing and a little surprising to see us that far down. I just hope we finish better than 8th.

Cheers to a fun and exciting season!

Comment

Agreed. Tech has a higher enrollment than any other D2 Arkansas School. They should be able to pull more revenue with a larger alumn base and with the student athletic fee. In my opinion, it seems like an Admin deal. I remember growing up and they were a big name in the GSC. Same with basketball as well. I just don't understand what has happend over time. Have the other schools just closed the gap? I know SAU has become much better as a program overall, and added tennis back this past year. OBU and Harding have become much better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                        Agreed. Tech has a higher enrollment than any other D2 Arkansas School. They should be able to pull more revenue with a larger alumn base and with the student athletic fee. In my opinion, it seems like an Admin deal. I remember growing up and they were a big name in the GSC. Same with basketball as well. I just don't understand what has happend over time. Have the other schools just closed the gap? I know SAU has become much better as a program overall, and added tennis back this past year. OBU and Harding have become much better as well.

Comment

No way SAU finishes in top 5. Love that ECU is at 11. I bet that only fuels the fire for them to finish top 6. UAM finishes in bottom 3, Ok Baptist finishes 11th at 1-10. SNU at 0-11.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                            2019 GAC POLL

1. Ouachita (8)
                            2. Harding (3)
                            3. Southern Arkansas (1)
                            4. Henderson
                            5. Arkansas-Monticello
                            6. Southeastern Oklahoma
                            7. Northwestern Oklahoma
                            8. Arkansas Tech
                            9. Oklahoma Baptist
                            10. Southwestern Oklahoma
                            11. East Central
                            12. Southern Nazarene
                            That's much better than Hootens picks. I think if SEOSU brings back a solid defense, they will place better than picked. They have Rollin Kensaul for his senior campaign at QB.
                            I am not sure how UAM gets the 5th pick with Sears gone.
                            At this point, I am not sure SNU will finish last in 2019.

Looking forward to a competitive season from all GAC schools and more progress in the off season hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post
                              No way SAU finishes in top 5. Love that ECU is at 11. I bet that only fuels the fire for them to finish top 6. UAM finishes in bottom 3, Ok Baptist finishes 11th at 1-10. SNU at 0-11.
                              Top 6?? Surely your joking. No way they are finishing top 6.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X